For you poor southerners - -

It's still raining here... Been raining on and off for 2 weeks now... And the temperature is above freezing for the most part... Cold and wet... But not freezing.

That's worse than snow.

It's still raining here... Been raining on and off for 2 weeks now... And the temperature is above freezing for the most part... Cold and wet... But not freezing.

That's worse than snow.

Yes it is. I agree 1000%. If thats possible.

Still hoping for a white Christmas... But I am not holding my breath. :(

Here temperature now is -6C, tomorrow evening forecasts tell snow, exactly when I will do a running race (one hour in a 24x1h relay for a major charity event). Never run under the snow, I had to buy some long pants :) .

We finally got snow today in the DC area. I was just stuck outside for 2 hours in the snow with the company vehicle. Damn thing has NO TRACTION! Some random guy had to pull me out.

I used to fly into DC each January for Transportation Research Board meetings & the folks there were joging in shorts. It was tough coming home after a week in Washington.

Heat?? It was 19F degree's two nights ago here in Louisiana, LOL!

It's that global warming, having the same effect in Europe. :confused:

My little brother is currently in Germany in Bottrop, a small villiage in the northwest. He just got a recent snowfall too about 3cm only but still snow is snow. Also my family in Bergen op Zoom, an hour or so south of Amsterdam, Also saw snow recently about 10cm. We here in Chilliwack, an hour or so east from Vancouver. We havn't seen snow in a couple weeks now. It's freezing cold but no snow.

Getting our first little fall of snow now in Maryland. I wish with all my heart I was still in Texas.

We're keeping a light on fer ya!

Ummm... Just picking at nits here, but just so everyone is on the same page, Texas is not part of the south... Texas is Texas. We were our own country too... :greenpbl:

And the only state in the union with our own navy. :greenpbl:

And where I'm at it's a scorching 63 degrees right now. :thumbup:

Gotta love Texas, greatest nation in the country. :sexywink:

:mrgreen: Spent my first 30 years there. A girl made me move to MD, I'll make her a Texan yet!

you should be allright in the snow with that STI :p

great snow pics...

What are you going to do with all that wood, build a cabin?:lmao:

What are you going to do with all that wood, build a cabin?:lmao:

That's next winters firewood. Three cord of wood (128 cf/cord) plus oil to keep us from freezing here in the great white north. You can see where we burn the wood behind my wife in this pic.

P1000372sm.jpg

Growing up and wintering in the Catskills this was what we did with the wood.

antique-wood-stove.jpg

We slept in featherbeds and pajamas with feet. I never wanted to get up for the bathroom. That was about 50 years ago. Now I get up for the bathroom all the time. :mrgreen:

Hey GG, we also have a wood burning kitchen stove downstairs we used to cook Sunday dinner on when the kids were growing up. Hasn't been fired up in years now.

Lots of things we no longer do, cripes, I now go to bed on Saturday night when we used to be just going out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back