Forbidden City 1 C&C

Great night shot, just some noise possibly due to low light/high ISO.

Beautiful! Gorgeous leading line!!!
NEEDS some noise removal. The color noise in the sky is out of this world.

How would I remove the noise? :p

What are you processing with?

Photoshop -- I just tried to noise reduction filter and I honestly can't tell the difference xD

Last edited:
Great night shot, just some noise possibly due to low light/high ISO.

the ISO was at 100! what gives? it was a 3 or 6 second long exposure, though

I used a noise removed plugin by Topaz. This is a great shot and with a little more work a definite wall hanger.

20j69er.jpg

OP used a Nikon CoolPix, therefore probably not the best noise performance from a camera like a DSLR.

The shot is solid, great composition, color is very pleasing, Bynx's edit with a noise reduction plugin is damn near perfect.

echoyjeff222; Very nice! Aside from the noise issue, I think this shot is tilted slightly. Normally, I check at a central orthographic line, but here there is none, so in that case, just use the ground level under the tree canopy for a "horizon".

@Bynx Ah wow, thank you! Is there any way you could email that to me in full size?

Actually, I'm not so sure -- why exactly are files saved like the one you posted so small (136 kb?) Does the image quality go down?

A little more work -- can you give me a hint on what I should work on? :)

@MLeek No raw image, sadly. I don't have raw :p CS5.

@Designer: I spent forever trying to get a straight line and was using the vertical line from the temple as the vertical horizon. It's still slanted?

Last edited:
You do have raw. Open up adobe bridge to the folder that the image is in. Then right click on the image. Open in camera raw. Doesn't have to be a raw image, it can be a jpeg. The details tab is the third over. Zoom to 100% while looking at the sky. INcrease the noise removal sliders for color noise and luminance to the right until it begins to improve without losing detail.

Wait, so what's the difference between in camera raw and adobe bridge raw?

Bridge is bridge. Adobe camera raw is adobe camera raw. You can choose to open an image from bridge in adobe camera raw.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back