Forces of Tide

Given my exposure parameters in the OP (f/22), there is probably a significant amount of diffraction deteriorating the image quality, as some are picking up on.

I was forced to use that aperture for my desired SS. But I have a few filters on the way to me now, so such extremes won't be necessary in the future.

Oh I see. That is weird. I guess only a geologist can answer that question then and not a photographer. :lol:

Oh I see. That is weird. I guess only a geologist can answer that question then and not a photographer. :lol:

The rocks look "melty" due to the large waves polishing them on impact. It creates nice smooth contours and the vertical lines are due to iron staining. Small impurities in the rock interact with the water and stain as they drip down. They look like run of the mill sedimentary rocks from the photo.

Cool wave, I like the couple for scale.

The rocks look "melty" due to the large waves polishing them on impact. It creates nice smooth contours and the vertical lines are due to iron staining. Small impurities in the rock interact with the water and stain as they drip down. They look like run of the mill sedimentary rocks from the photo.

Cool wave, I like the couple for scale.

Nice, thanks for the info!

"The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli."

"The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli."

That was the first metaphor I thought of too ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back