Forty, The Wooden Sunrise, Power Trip

theusher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took this for the beginnings of my Intro Photography class, my term project is lines. C&C is welcome. ;)

Boy, tough crowd, no comments good or bad.

#1 is nice (good eye) but needs a little more contrast. The colors of the building and the sky are too similar, and you can hardly see the '40' at first.

#2 has potential. Try a tighter crop on the right side (or even better, if yo have PS just clone out that one stick thing), and again, boost up the blue contrast, and maybe add some shadows? With some work this photo could be really nice geometrical-wise.

#3 is also very nice (although a bit cliche, but don't worry about that.) Try getting rid of those two little bits of bar in both the top corners, and I think this would be a great shot. Oh, and maybe bump up the contrast a little also. ;)

Of these three, Photo 2 speaks to me the most, I like the combination of lines (in the boards) and a circle (the boards' arrangement here) ... and I agree with cherrymoose on cropping out that stick on the left - you might even consider making this a "fill-the-frame" crop with bits of the boards reach beyond the border of your photo on all sides, also left and top, since those on the right already do so. Yes. Play with contrasts and saturation ... or try out an all black&white for this one, too (assuming #3 is b&w?!).

Well as part of the class, he didn't want the photo's edited at all. So thus I stuck only to processing the raw, I did not crop at all.

#3 wasn't meant to be b&w, the sky was just very gray. I'm sure the exposure was tricked as well on that one seeing as it was pointed directly up.

#1 It was the same day as #3, so the sky was gray, but my convert to B&W probably didn't help that fact.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back