I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last night we found our snow corn snake...which had been missing for six months.

She escaped from her enclosure which had been closed but not locked. We searched and searched but I suspected that she had gotten down into the heating ducts.

After 3 months or so, we stopped looking and packed up her enclosure...well last night she pushed up a heat vent (in another room) and was laying on the floor waiting to be found.

She lost a lot of fat but is still very strong & healthy looking. I think she may have a resp. infection so I am keeping her warm and humid.

I'll feed her tonight...I'm sure she is very hungry. My fiancé thinks she may have eaten a few loose crickets...but I don't know about that.

Here are some older pics of her.

295Rosie-011-med.jpg

295Rosie-012-med.jpg

295rosie-4.jpg

fadingaway1986 said:
You still lived in that house with a snake loose?

Of course...what's a little snake like that going to do? Don't tell me you're afraid of snakes? :lol:

Well, it can crawl into your mouth, when you sleep :p You gotta love snakes and stuff eh
Congrats on finding the little girl :)
Greetz Daan

Glad you found her and that she's okay!!

Aw....she's just a little blonde thing!! :) Guess she's glad (in her snake-like way) to be back in the main house where the food comes regularly. ;)

Happy to hear she's safe again!!

I love snakes....I have a bad habit of picking them up when I see them, assuming they're harmless little garter snakes, especially in my own back yard. I guess my instincts are good, since I've never been hurt by one. I hold them for a minute and tell them how cool they are, then set them free. Probably not the smartest thing I do. :lol: Oh well.

One time my Ball Python got loose in the house and it took me a year before we finally found it! :lmao:
Those things can really sneak around :lmao:

Beautiful animal. Glad she found her way back. Hope she gets rid of the sniffles. My Python got a cold once and I had inject him (in the muscle no less) with antibiotics. I had to have a friend hold him while I injected. This went on for about ten days.

fadingaway1986 said:
You still lived in that house with a snake loose?

Here's a little story....

When I lived in rural Virginia we had a rat problem. Not little rats but big dog sized rats. Well they sort of disappeared and we didn't know why. Then one day we were moving stuff in the garage and there was a 3 foot black snake disappearing into a hole in the wall. We diecided that one snake was way better than a bunch of rats so the snake lived in the walls until we sold the place years later. Unless its poisonous or a 20 foot constrictor then snakes aren't dangerous.

Most reactions

Back