Found the Juvi RT Hawk again this morning..

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I love this Hawk. He/She just gives me a glare and then ignores me. comments welcome

1 From about 20 feet at 600 mm...
Wild Juvenile RT Hawk Portrait by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

I took the TC off and stopped down to F5.6 to try to get the whole hawk in foucs because I knew he would fly from his perch. Dropped into crop mode so I could get 7 FPS.. Got 2 keepers...

Wild Juvenile RT Hawk in flight 1 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Wild Juvenile RT Hawk in flight 2 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

20 feet ? They start moving away when I get within 200 yards lol

Nice - is this with the 15-600 @ 600mm, or the 150-500 @ a cropped 600mm ?

Asking cos I'm curious on the lens.

Nice - is this with the 15-600 @ 600mm, or the 150-500 @ a cropped 600mm ?

Asking cos I'm curious on the lens.
It's my Sigma 120-300 OS with/without teleconverter. Still no 150-600 for Nikon yet, and the 150-500 is pretty much just sitting in it's bag chillin out...

Got to love them eyes. Nice shots # 1 is awesome.

So I'm pretty sure that this thread right here is making the choice for lenses for me. So so sharp. Is the lens fast?

Heck Kris. I always say that a photo is only worth one word ...... IMPACT !!. Man when I opened this, there it was in that first shot, bang, impact. Totally stunning in the eyes and head on with that stare. Congrats on getting that close and the details show it. Top shot in any ones book. Beautiful under wing details, remarkable in fact and then (bet you have had a good look at these as well) those talons, superb details.

All the best Kris, top work and shots. I'm in awe of this Hawk.

Danny.

Thanks everyone! Hopefully I can find this hawk many more times.. He is a stunner :)

I hope you do find him many many more times Kris, but good luck trying to out do that first pic. It ain't going to be easy, even for you :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back