- Joined
- Dec 11, 2006
- Messages
- 18,743
- Reaction score
- 8,049
- Location
- Mid-Atlantic US
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos NOT OK to edit
- Banned
- #16
Because it is facile and humorous and critical, it is tempting in defense to find it 'ignorant.'
I came to this thread after seeing the work of a young woman who admits to no experience and no skill in photography who exhibits a good number of what she calls abstracts,buoyed up by large amounts of text that explain her vision. And so I am skeptical of abstraction in general, unless it derives from something recognizable, much as I don't think that street photography is just BW pictures of people in focus.
I came to this thread after seeing the work of a young woman who admits to no experience and no skill in photography who exhibits a good number of what she calls abstracts,buoyed up by large amounts of text that explain her vision. And so I am skeptical of abstraction in general, unless it derives from something recognizable, much as I don't think that street photography is just BW pictures of people in focus.