Fox and the barber

Mystgicus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, it's me again with the storytelling series.

I must say, there are some really knowledgeable and experienced photographers here (you know who you are, haha).

Getting my pics critiqued was not an easy pill to swallow - at times quite an intimidating experience too. But I guess that's how we learn. A big thank you to all those who gave their feedback, I learnt something new each time! So here I go again...

_DSC0753.jpg

For previous photos in the series:
Fishermen by the sea
A morning with the locals
Do they know it's Christmas?
Santa on tea-break
Get busy living, or get busy dying
Gleaming joy
The lantern girl
The traveller
What's cooking?

I'd go for a real tight crop, from the top down to FOX, from the left to the B, from the right to the hanging lamp and up from the bright window sill on the bottom. I'd square away the photo, using the two vertical lines and rotating them to 90 degrees from the bottom edge and a touch more contrast on the barber and the customer (which should also darken it up a bit as well).

I'd go for a real tight crop, from the top down to FOX, from the left to the B, from the right to the hanging lamp and up from the bright window sill on the bottom. I'd square away the photo, using the two vertical lines and rotating them to 90 degrees from the bottom edge and a touch more contrast on the barber and the customer (which should also darken it up a bit as well).
Nice suggestion. That would make it like a 120mm medium format photo and focus more on the main subject

Presently, I am into cropping in the camera ... which means no cropping in post. But when I screw up, (more often than not), aspect ratios are irrelevant. Crop to the size which best displays the image. (But that's just me talking.)

I was taught that photography is a form of communications, similar and often no different, than the written word. Every photo tells a story, even photos which are intended not to tell a story ... tells a story. Cropping tight allows the viewer to focus on the main subject of the story. A lot of superfluous elements in the image will often distract and dilute the story. Lenses are like adjectives, use different focal lengths accordingly. :cool-48:

Presently, I am into cropping in the camera ... which means no cropping in post. But when I screw up, (more often than not), aspect ratios are irrelevant. Crop to the size which best displays the image. (But that's just me talking.)

I was taught that photography is a form of communications, similar and often no different, than the written word. Every photo tells a story, even photos which are intended not to tell a story ... tells a story. Cropping tight allows the viewer to focus on the main subject of the story. A lot of superfluous elements in the image will often distract and dilute the story. Lenses are like adjectives, use different focal lengths accordingly. :cool-48:
Had a look in your portfolio - very inspiring stuff!

Had a look in your portfolio - very inspiring stuff!
Thank you.

I like the composition of this shot. Did you have to wait for this shot or were you " just walking by"?

I like the composition of this shot. Did you have to wait for this shot or were you " just walking by"?
Thanks! I was wandering by, saw the moment, and crossed my fingers when I tripped the shutter release lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back