Fox in the dark, ISO 25600.

Silverpenguin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.richardpeters.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My friend and I have just started a long term project to photograph foxes in the wild. Its very early days but the eventual plan is to capture some really nice shots of these animals going about their business using remote triggers and flash to get some nice shots. It will all take lots of time and planning though. Once we get some good shots it will be nice to look back to the early days to see how far we have come.

D3, ISO25600, 600mm, f4, 1/10 second

fox_dark.jpg

Other than sharpening and low NR this is as it came out the camera bar a slight crop. Don't be fooled, it looks pretty poor at %100 but its brilliant we could get some shots in such dark conditions!

More images and full story here on my blog.

Great work - the hardest part it seems (that of finding foxes) you have done - now for monitering and shooting!
hope you keep us posted with developments -- good luck :)

WOW! My D40 has about that much noise at ISO 400 :(

You can tell there is a lot of noise at 100% (side of the background fox), but sized down that is a fantastic shot considering 600mm @ 1/10...:thumbup:

Wow thats not bad considering the high ISO. I got a question, how did you track down the den? I have some fox's by me and would like to find them. I stumble upon one while walking through the park, and I don't know who was more shocked, him or me. When I lifted my camera he ran off. I was with in 10 feet of where he was laying. I went back a couple of days later, but he wasn't there. Across town, my mother in law can hear one crying in the woods from time to time, and I want to get a shot of one of them.

We don't know the location of the Den, we just know its in the area. The field is part of my friends work so people had spotted them i the ditance on and off. My friend set up a motion detecting trap camera in the area they get spotted and after them triggering it for a week we decided to check the area out for ourselves :)

This is really exciting! I look forward to seeing lots of pics of the foxes.

cute foxes :) and I am amazed by the noise level of the D3. just wish I have 6000 to buy one too :D

I'm planning on a similar project, but with badgers. How did you shoot at 25600ISO?

We don't know the location of the Den, we just know its in the area. The field is part of my friends work so people had spotted them i the ditance on and off. My friend set up a motion detecting trap camera in the area they get spotted and after them triggering it for a week we decided to check the area out for ourselves :)

Thanks I was thinking about picking up a field camera. I know the general area, but couldn't find the den.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back