Foxy looking town citizen

John E.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
He roams around the town. in the evening and morning. He plays with dogs. First time I was able to spot him, with camera in hand.

IMG_1696bc.jpg

unusual sighting for someone like me. the differences in surroundings we all live in is awesome to see; and all possible through forums like this!

so this guy frequents your town often you say. is he tame enough to handle or do you not dare?

cool shot Cruzin! thanks for sharing this!

Thanks Guys

JonMikal we have a variety animals coming into town fairly often. Can't get close enough to feed him by hand .

Raymond I live near Thunder Bay, a few people have green grass, but it's still mostly brown.

Decieded to add another picture. in this one I got as close as I could before he ran away, notice how intently he was watching me..

IMG_1688.jpg

These are great!! I think foxes are gorgeous animals. :heart: You got a couple of nice captures here. :thumbup:

He looks so sweet; I hope everyone is nice to him. I always worry when wild animals come into town to sniff around. Seems to make some folks jumpy. :)

Foxes are such beautiful animals!
May I copy these onto my harddrive and save them for my daughter. She loves foxes, and your photos are just great! Lovely colouring, highlights his sandy hair.
I'd be extremely wary of ANY fox that lets you get close! Rabies!!!

cool!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :lmao: :lmao: :thumbup: :thumbup: :lmao: :lmao: :thumbup: :thumbup: :lmao: :lmao: :thumbup: :thumbup: :lmao: :lmao: :thumbup: :thumbup: :lmao: :lmao: :thumbup: :thumbup: :lmao: :lmao:

if i were in your place i will run away

we don't have those animals in our country

thank your for this great shot (^_^)

cruzin, love the second shot too...very good color...i have two red foxes that come for dinner every night, and 4 greys that come by...(when the possums and 'coons leave the feeders alone!!)....reds are more aggressive..they wont hurt you..they just have more courage..but they are still difficult to capture a good pic of them... you did a great job...if you get to watch him more, keep an eye out, they will crack you up when they get startled, and jump three to four feet straight up in the air.. funny as heck to see...!!
thanks for the awesome pictures..

Looks like he is just getting off work in the first shot. ;)

Great shots!!!

Terri, LaFoto, and Sakura the foxes up here, or so I have been told several times do not carry rabies, or at least no one I know has heard of it :scratch: . Sakaura the red fox is about the size of a poodle, lots of hair but no meat. :lol:

Terri for a mining and pulp/forestry town this place is surprisingly friendly, I doubt any one would hurt it, I think everyone kinda likes him roaming around town and he/she is cautious enough of people.

LaFoto be my guest and download the pictures, I take pictures for pleasure and if someone likes them them so much the better :)

Aprilraven, I would love to see and or take picture of a fox being startled, but this poor guy seems so nervous as it is, I fear I would give him a heart attack.

Picksure, good observation it does look like he is getting off work, I may print it with a title along those lines, thanks for the idea

Thanks again.everyone

He plays with dogs? I would have thought a fight would break out. I guess there is plenty of food about.

Excellent photographs, both of them. Thanks for sharing.

One of the things I hate most is when I hear a bugle and look into the field next to me to see men in red coats riding horses. Then you hear the sound of the dogs. It makes me feel sick. Hopefully it won't happen again.

Thanks, Cruzin. My daughter's away at a Swim Meet in Berlin right now (without "mommy"!), which is why I can't show her right now. But she'll love these two photos! That's why I asked.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back