Frame question

macropleasure

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
so a lot of people here put their pictures into a black frame

and sometimes they write something into the frame..

so how does one do this..i am totally bad at this computer stuff so please explain this..so i can understand..

i have got:microsoft picture it and gimp on my computer

Well I don't know either of those programs, but it is very simple to do (I think it's even possible in MSPaint? Not entirely sure and I would check for you but I'm on my work computer right now) Also, photoshop is a great program for any photo editing you would need to do as well as being very easy to... uhhh... obtain without cost :) Really all you need to do it make the canvas size bigger (so there is white space around your image) center your picture and then use a paintbucket tool to make it black. To add text you use the text function? I know MSPaint has that

In gimp there must be some way to make the canvas bigger. Select a white background colour and increase the canvas size by a few pixels. 5-10 or so. Then select a black background colour and increase the canvas size again this time by 200-250 pixels. This will give you a simple but elegant border. Adjust numbers to suit.

Most reactions

Back