Frankenmuth - Michigan

Heather Koch

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We took a trip up to Frankenmuth this past weekend after church, I was looking forward to getting some night/light shots, but my battery died on me... (Second battery for Christmas, anyone?)

So here are a few shots I did get... C&C Welcome as always.

Equipment:
Nikon D7100
Nikkor 12-24mm f/4

DSC_2812 copy by heather.koch43, on Flickr

DSC_2749 copy by heather.koch43, on Flickr

DSC_2768 copy by heather.koch43, on Flickr

DSC_2761 copy by heather.koch43, on Flickr

DSC_2787 copy by heather.koch43, on Flickr

DSC_2759 copy by heather.koch43, on Flickr

DSC_2751 by heather.koch43, on Flickr

Last edited:
All nice Heather, but I like the 1st the most.

Thank you, I think I like that one the most too :)

N. 2 it's great. And I prefer it over the 7, 'cause the environmente on the right gives me more about the story.

5 for me.6 could use a crop and probably color. Actually kind of curious why some of these aren't in color.

and you didn't take a picture of a plate overflowing with fried chicken ?

nice photos.
I would have liked to see 4 cropped more to get rid of the street and poles on either side. It would make the Peace on earth more prominent .. for comparison.

These are all very nice conversions Heather. I'm going to throw #3 in the hat for my favorite. I like the lines leading to the angled bridge.
Just a note: I think I would have extended the contrast slightly on the exterior of the bridge on #2. It just seems slightly flat to me and a little distracting. Nice stuff!:icon_thumbsup:

N. 2 it's great. And I prefer it over the 7, 'cause the environmente on the right gives me more about the story.

I completely agree with you! I merely took #7 for my iphone background :p

5 for me.6 could use a crop and probably color. Actually kind of curious why some of these aren't in color.

This time around I wanted to focus on the "old fashioned" look as when I think of Frankenmuth I think "old town," so I wanted to go along the lines of that image... It was also a very gloomy day (had just rained) so the color was quite dull.

and you didn't take a picture of a plate overflowing with fried chicken ?

nice photos.
I would have liked to see 4 cropped more to get rid of the street and poles on either side. It would make the Peace on earth more prominent .. for comparison.

I was so hungry, I set my camera aside and chowed down! lol I agree with you actually, that was the look I was going for, but didn't really know what to do to the photo.

These are all very nice conversions Heather. I'm going to throw #3 in the hat for my favorite. I like the lines leading to the angled bridge.
Just a note: I think I would have extended the contrast slightly on the exterior of the bridge on #2. It just seems slightly flat to me and a little distracting. Nice stuff!:icon_thumbsup:

Thank you!! (All) but #3 is actually my facebook background (whatever you call that photo behind your profile picture). The more I look at that one the more it grabs my attention for my favorite of the group. I believe it tells a story and I love the look of the raw trees in the sky. Something about the branches...

When you say the exterior of the bridge are you meaning the top part of the image? Or the grain you see towards the center of the image?

Heather, I was refering to what is seen outside of the bridge (trees, sky, etc). It just seems this shot may benefit from a little more contrast. Very nice set regardless

Most reactions

Back