FRAUDULENT EBAY!

partyaddict

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi i am writing this in anger as i purchased a sandisk extreme iii 4.0gb cf card for my camera but it ended up being a fake it looked so real when it arrived but when i compared it to my friends one and the speed of it i knew it was fake so i went on ebay and looked at the feedback people left for the user and some said he was fraudulent so i knew straigh away it was fake. very annoying situation because i was under the impression i was getting a decent cf card now im stuck with unbranded piece of crap lol. so to anyone thinking of buying products on ebay just be careful and just think twice. anyways here is the username of the fraudster: productsuk2006

The vendors name should have been a give away: PRODUCT SUK (I know it is products UK, but I saw a little humor in it) Sorry you got took. Our Popular Photography mag (I think) had an article about this very thing several months ago. There showed pix of both the real, and knockoff cards. They were very close in appearance, but there were obvious differences. Unfortunately, we can't use this information before the purchase, and on epay it's almost futile to make a claim. Again, sorry it happened, but thanks for the warning to us all.

You looked at the Feedback AFTER you bought the product...???

Yer funny...

i actually looked at the feedback before i bought it although i need to go back like 8 pages before i found he negative so i just trusted them.

It isn't too hard to buy stuff from yourself and then leave positive feedback...

yeh you got a good point there so u never know which is annoying.

Im sure lots left good feedback as soon as it arrived and they did not know it was fake.

that is the exact reason in why i don't buy on ebay...

Did you use paypal. I think that you can file a claim with them and possibly get your money back. You need to produce some evidence but I think that Paypal can take the money back from the seller if they know it was fraud. I would copy the ebay ad, photograph the fake product and also copy any feedback info from other buyers who got screwed.

It's worth a shot.

There's no news like old news. I bought mine from ebay knowing full well it was a fake because my camera has a reasonably large buffer.

How much did you pay for this card? I hate to berate you with the "if it's too good to be true it probably is line" but the photography industry almost no margins for markup if you shop around. If you find products cheaper than some places like B&H and PhotoContinental (Australian store) then I'd question if it's a real product.

cheers for the imput guys i will look into it. also i paid £28 ($55) and i will definetly be taking a look at those websites next time.

The vendors name should have been a give away: PRODUCT SUK (I know it is products UK, but I saw a little humor in it) Sorry you got took. Our Popular Photography mag (I think) had an article about this very thing several months ago. There showed pix of both the real, and knockoff cards. They were very close in appearance, but there were obvious differences. Unfortunately, we can't use this information before the purchase, and on epay it's almost futile to make a claim. Again, sorry it happened, but thanks for the warning to us all.
:lol::lol:

Yeah, be theurough when going threw reviews, You can usually see paterns in false feedback and note any negitive feedback regardless of how far you have to go for it.

I very very rarely buy off E-Bay but never the less I will double and triple check reviews before I do.

that link above is really helpful cheers

Most reactions

Back