FREE Capture One Express 6 RAW Editor Software

Fleetwood271

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just wanted to let everyone know that if you pick up Issue #110 of Digital Photographer, you can download a completely free, full version of Capture One Express 6.

I have a subscription to this magazine, but it is available in several bookstores. I saw it last Tuesday in Books-A-Million.
A CD comes with every copy of Digital Photographer, but this month the CD has a link to a website where you sign up for a free copy of Capture One. You will be e-mailed a license code. You will then go to their website and download the software, enter your personal license key to activate the program.
After I downloaded the program, one of the videos also let me know that even though the license code is for a single user, I am allowed to load the program on up to two of my computers.

Capture One is a RAW Editor program, which normally costs around $90 to $110, depending on where it is purchased.

Here is their website:

Phase One camera system - Raw conversion software - Photo management

So, for anyone who does not have a RAW editor, and wants to start shooting RAW, here's a way to get in free. Or if you already have a program, but want to try a different one (which is my case), this allows you to try a new program for free instead of buying it.

Here is a link to dpreview.com from last December about the program:

Phase One announces Capture One 6: Digital Photography Review

And, here is a youtube video about Capture One Express 6:

YouTube - ‪Capture One Express 6: Introduction‬‏

Enjoy!!

Thanks for the info

Just bought this for half price and thought I was getting a good deal. Darn it. Urge you all to try this you won't be sorry. I can be kind of slow depending on your computer but the images and the fine adjustments, white balance, noise reduction, clarity. You won't go back to photoshop (I just upgraded that too, darn it. Money would have been better spent on full version of Capture One. No I am not on their staff just love the image handling.

FWIW That would be the July issue that my B&N doesn't have yet. If you call B&N they can't reference it by issue #.

Cheers,
kev

Any chance this is crippleware? I won't bother if it's just a ploy to sell the upgrade! I sure hope it is fully functional, 'cause I am just now searching for a replacement for CS2.

Thanks,
kev

Most reactions

Back