ShutteredEye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.theshutteredeye.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Caseyswing.jpg

The original was taken in harsh, direct sunlight, and was completely blown out in spots. This is my feeble attempt at post processing. I back filled it some, sharpened, and flattened the contrast a tad. The jpg compression really doesn't help either.

What are your thoughts?

there's something about this photo, the colours are a bit un-natural looking maybe but i think this actually brings someting special to the picture.
Wasn't sure about the green bar across the top, maybe see what it looks like with that cropped out.

Overall i really like it

JohnMF said:
there's something about this photo, the colours are a bit un-natural looking maybe but i think this actually brings someting special to the picture.
Wasn't sure about the green bar across the top, maybe see what it looks like with that cropped out.

Overall i really like it

Yah, wasn't sure about the bar. I left it in to make sure that people got that she was on a swing, but you might be right. Feel free to work with it if you want.

Yea there's deffinatly somerthing a little bit unnatural to the colors but I really like it actually. I'm not sure I would have even noticed if you hadn't said anything about it.

The colors and sort of grainy look of it really adds something to the shot in my opinion. I love the composition and the "moment" you've captured. Its one of those photos that normally wouldn't do much for me, but I really see something special in this one!

Ok, here's some addtional manipulation:

Tried toning down the colors a tad, and cropped out the green bar:

Caseyswingadj.jpg

Also, had a suggestion for trying it in b&w:

CaseyswingBW.jpg

Thoughts? You aren't going to hurt my feelings...

Beauty.. I would like the b&w with more contrast!

I definitely prefer the very first version you posted. With this kind of shot, the unnatural colours just bring out the life in the photo and subject. I love the movement captured, the expression on the girls face... everything!

Its a bit too contrasty for my taste. But I think the final result should be totally what your heart says. :)

danalec99 said:
Its a bit too contrasty for my taste. But I think the final result should be totally what your heart says. :)

LOL, yeah, problem is, when I boost the contrast enough to get her to pop out from the background, I don't like what it does with her face. :er: :irked:

I think I'm going to try the dodge and burn thing.

Thanks for the comments ya'll. I really appreciate it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back