What's new

Freelance photographers

poltek

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 4, 2011
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently went into my local Chinese restaurant for some food photos and some shots of their establishment.

It was a success, however I have been wondering if in the future I should buy a wireless SD card and a laptop so I can check the photos right away on screen, bypassing the small viewfinder.

Here's a sample photo of mine if anyone's curious
5vbuiq.jpg
 
Really nice image. Is such equipment necessary? The composition can be inspected via the LCD on the camera (zoom in to check sharpness, corners/edges). Histogram gives exposure. What else is needed?
 
Well, with a decent small 13" laptop, you could check your images instantly on the very large display... Don't know if anyone does this already.

Thanks for the comment about the photo. I've attached another.

531u8i.jpg
 
I should buy a wireless SD card and a laptop so I can check the photos right away on screen,

These cards have a SLOW buffer rate you would struggle to get them right away..
 
oh ok, but still, if freelancer or professional photographer out there relies upon this .. especially in an environment where they have a client paying for high quality results I'd like to know.
 
oh ok, but still, if freelancer or professional photographer out there relies upon this .. especially

Most people if they want to have results right away will shoot tethered to a computer with LR3 running or Nex Capture, picture appears for the client to see.
 
oh ok, but still, if freelancer or professional photographer out there relies upon this .. especially

Most people if they want to have results right away will shoot tethered to a computer with LR3 running or Nex Capture, picture appears for the client to see.

pretty much......you will get tons more info with the big screen so you can keep shooting instead of sitting there zooming your images over and over (and looking like an idiot). but you have to shoot tethered.
 
i love wine and dine pictures!
 
Eye-Fi cards are worthless for pros. These are designed for upload photos for point and shoots on the street. I tried this once where I tried uploading the JPEG's as I shot. Two photos per minute is a maximum with an ad-hoc network. And RAW?! Forgettaboutit!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom