Freezing rain

Antarctican

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We had some freezing rain here in Toronto on Saturday, so I braved the slippery conditions to grab a few pics...

img0010psrsxv8.jpg

img0012psrsbw6.jpg

img0024psrshf8.jpg

Thanks for looking. All feedback welcome.

that looks like a lot of snow to me! Looks very deep in the 1st and 2nd shots

Naah, it was only about 2 inches deep, max. With a frozen layer of ice on top. I was hoping to find some nice colourful berries frozen in ice, but there was nothing but brown stems, with all the ice on the 'east' side of the stems.

'cool', nice shots anty.... i havent seen snow here for a long time... these are nicely composed :thumbup:

makes me cold just looking at them... nice shots anty. I really like the last one... :thumbup:

So here you are saying that the plants only have ice on their eastern side ... I was looking at them for the first time yesterday and thought: hand on, they are not all wrapped into ice, now are they?

Looks cool. And cold! :shock:
Icy... like winter.
I mean: the way winter ought to look. You have seen my first winter-interlude thread, you know what I mean, don't you :roll: :er: :wink: !?!?!

Looks cool. And cold! :shock:
Icy... like winter.
I mean: the way winter ought to look. You have seen my first winter-interlude thread, you know what I mean, don't you :roll: :er: :wink: !?!?!
Oh yeah, it's been cold all right! We've had a few days where it's been -20 to -24C with the windchill. Prolonged cold like that makes the harbour start to skim over with ice. But we haven't had a lot of snow.....yet.

Cool shootin Anty. Ya braved it eh? I was gonna do a bluffs wander, but the flu done me in. Hope we get a good dumpin of snow soon. Diggin the last shot, with the yellow boat. :thumbup:

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. It was such a grey day, but I hadn't taken or posted pics for a while, so I was determined to get something. I was hoping for some hints on how to improve shots of snow, or shots taken on dull, grey days. Any takers?

Most reactions

Back