Friday night in a big city (5 pics only)

Hobbes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are the very first night photos I've taken at least with a DSLR.
there's only five pics here but if it still takes too long for you guys to load them just tell me and I will resize them :p

1. There were lots of people on the street that night because we were having some kind of a festival here with fireworks and everything.
IMG533c.jpg

IMG537c.jpg

IMG544c.jpg

IMG551c.jpg

IMG519c.jpg

size is ok. don't worry.

quite good for shooting handheld, was it handheld?

Friday nights in Sweden are crazy! ;)
I am not sure, but I have the strange feeling that I once got very drunk at #3 ... might be mistaken though ;)

size is ok. don't worry.

quite good for shooting handheld, was it handheld?

Friday nights in Sweden are crazy! ;)
I am not sure, but I have the strange feeling that I once got very drunk at #3 ... might be mistaken though ;)

lol yeah I don't have a tripod, yet so I was holding the camera in my hands when I took those pics but I guess the IS lens I was using helped quite a lot. lmao well the weekend nights here are quite crazy especially during the summers. personally I am not really into drinking and nightclubbing but its still fun to watch :) the place in #3 is located in Medborgarplatsen in Södermalm, a well known place for partying lol

the place in #3 is located in Medborgarplatsen in Södermalm, a well known place for partying lol

ok, then i have not been there, .. as i said, shady memories only ;)

These make me look forward to the weekend to come - for I'll spend it in that very city, yay :cheer: ! The only thing that has to comply is the weather, then all else will be good, too!

And why does that building on the right in Photo 2 invite you to take "Snaps"??? ;)

lol I see you guys like to talk about booze and partying huh jk

so any c&c?

Handheld night shots are tough. I think you did a really good job with these. My fave is #2, with some the seated customers and the standing woman in the left foreground in focus, and the passersby moving and blurred.

Handheld night shots are tough. I think you did a really good job with these. My fave is #2, with some the seated customers and the standing woman in the left foreground in focus, and the passersby moving and blurred.

lol no kidding and thanks! yeah #2 is my favorite too. well my lens got image stabilizer so it helped quite a bit but still more than half of the pics taken that night were too blurry to post on here :mrgreen:

[Whew, glad to hear you have IS. Because I was wondering why I can rarely get handheld night shots as clear as yours.]

[Whew, glad to hear you have IS. Because I was wondering why I can rarely get handheld night shots as clear as yours.]

lol yeah I was glad that I spent the extra money on a lens with IS instead of a regular crappy one but i think the lens I am using still isn't good enough for night photography because of its narrow max aperture f/4.0 would be awesome if I had the 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM lens :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back