Friday night lights 2015 - week 1

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It was so much fun getting back out on the sidelines again. Here's a few of my favorites.

1) An early catch on the sidelines. 7D mkii, 70-200mm f/2.8.

Mustang-Yukon-64.jpg

2) Hitting the hole. 7Dmkii, 70-200mm f/2.8

Mustang-Yukon-82.jpg

3) Finishing the run. 7Dmkii, 70-200mm f/2.8

Mustang-Yukon-89.jpg

4) Laying out for a catch. 7Dmkii, 70-200mm f/2.8

Mustang-Yukon-178.jpg

5) Kick return on the sideline. 7D, 50mm f/1.8 STM.

Mustang-Yukon-626.jpg

Nice set Ron, I really like the second one. Always a great feeling when the hole opens right in front of you, it frames the RB so well :icon_thumright:

Nice set Ron, I really like the second one. Always a great feeling when the hole opens right in front of you, it frames the RB so well :icon_thumright:

Thank you Bill, it was very nice to get that and a few of the sideline shots too. Just great to be back shooting football.

This is a good set of images Ron, even though I've said it elsewhere. Your skills have been improving greatly, keep at it.

Thank you Scott. I greatly appreciate your comments. I'm just getting started for the year. I have a HS every weekend from now until November and I got a small college credential too.

@imagemaker46, this one is for you. It also has no faces and shows back-sides too much, which breaks the "rules" for a good sports shot. But I think this one turned out to be a nice b&w conversion and shows the dirty work that the big boys have to put in every play. Linemen never get enough credit or recognition for doing something good.

Mustang-Yukon-41-Edit.jpg

Ron, I see this a s a great stock football shot. Some of the best action is with the linemen and few people even shoot it. I like this one.

I went out for the first time in quite a long while to local high school FB game and took my new (to me) 7D Mark II. I wanted to see how well the auto-focus system works-- I realize there's a multitude of settings. I used the defaults. I shout about 400 or so shots. Weeded through them and basically only deleted the ones that were completely out of focus. These were all taken with the 7D Mark II and the original 70-200L IS 2.8 (not the II). Overall I was happy with the 7D performance although I will be tweaking the focus settings once I get the time to fully understand them. CC welcomed.

Some of the keepers:

20150918_190115 - 0164 - Avon vs Midview - Varsity Football_LowRes.jpg
20150918_190203 - 0171 - Avon vs Midview - Varsity Football_LowRes.jpg
20150918_191415 - 0225 - Avon vs Midview - Varsity Football_LowRes.jpg
20150918_191415 - 0228 - Avon vs Midview - Varsity Football_LowRes.jpg
20150918_191459 - 0239 - Avon vs Midview - Varsity Football_LowRes.jpg
20150918_200133 - 0459 - Avon vs Midview - Varsity Football_LowRes.jpg
20150918_200134 - 0461 - Avon vs Midview - Varsity Football_LowRes.jpg

20150918 - Eagles vs Middies - Buckeye Photography, Inc.

Yukon! Sold a fender champ guitar amp to a guy from there a couple of years ago.

Very nice shots! Loved several.

I went out for the first time in quite a long while to local high school FB game and took my new (to me) 7D Mark II. I wanted to see how well the auto-focus system works-- I realize there's a multitude of settings. I used the defaults. I shout about 400 or so shots. Weeded through them and basically only deleted the ones that were completely out of focus. These were all taken with the 7D Mark II and the original 70-200L IS 2.8 (not the II). Overall I was happy with the 7D performance although I will be tweaking the focus settings once I get the time to fully understand them. CC welcomed.

Some of the keepers:

View attachment 108370 View attachment 108371 View attachment 108372 View attachment 108373 View attachment 108374 View attachment 108375 View attachment 108376

It's cool that you got a 7D mk II, welcome to the club. If you are wanting C&C, you need to start a thread for that and post 5 or less images on there. Adding this many images to someone else's thread isn't the best way to do that.

Some of the keepers:

View attachment 108370 View attachment 108371 View attachment 108372 View attachment 108373 View attachment 108374 View attachment 108375 View attachment 108376

It's cool that you got a 7D mk II, welcome to the club. If you are wanting C&C, you need to start a thread for that and post 5 or less images on there. Adding this many images to someone else's thread isn't the best way to do that.

Oh. OK. Should I remove my post from ehere, then? Sorry.

Some of the keepers

Oh. OK. Should I remove my post from ehere, then? Sorry.
He only meant it would be better for YOU in terms of getting C&C, but yes, I would remove the post, start a new thread, and put a post on this thread with a link to THAT thread so that football fans don't miss your new thread.

Just what I'd do...

Most reactions

Back