No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
_MG_5971-Cactus Wall s.jpeg

_MG_5981-Hand Rails s.jpeg

_MG_5982-Cactus Chap s.jpeg

_MG_5988-Cactus Sky s.jpeg

Nice set- not sure why you choose mono? - I tried my hand at colourisation :)

Does it work??

I7BBKlt.jpg

Les :)

Nice set- not sure why you choose mono? - I tried my hand at colourisation :)

Does it work??

I7BBKlt.jpg

Les :)
Thanks, Les. Your color version looks great and that was pretty much the scene. I chose mono because I have an interest in B&W photography and am trying to better understand the conversion process. I also have a new processing program and need to learn it as well. But it was a lovely afternoon with blue sky and green cactus. To answer your question, yes it works, but in the mono version the eye goes straight to the similarity in shape of the cactus and the chapel top. It’s obvious in the color version, too, but the eye wanders around the rest of the scene a bit more - I think.

Last edited:
Thanks, Les. Your color version looks great and that was pretty much the scene. I chose mono because I have an interest in B&W photography and am trying to better understand the conversion process. I also have a new processing program and need to learn it as well. But it was a lovely afternoon with blue sky and green cactus. To answer your question, yes it works, but in the memo version the eye goes straight to the similarity in shape of the cactus and the chapel top. It’s obvious in the color version, too, but the eye wanders around the rest of the scene a bit more - I think.
Ok I get that- I was just wanting to see if I could colourize your image- The Chapel shot looks good in mono :)

Les

Most reactions

New Topics

Back