from sad to glad.

Christina

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i did my first infant shot today that i feel i did terrible on( can be found in the begginer section) but then i went out this afternoon and did these maternity shots. which i feel pretty good about. any thoughts on improvements? the mom and dad loved them so im very happy, they said they would prob want newborn pictures :lol:

ps. i know # 3 is blurry!
1)
153.jpg

2)
160.jpg

3)
172.jpg

4)
180.jpg

5)
186.jpg

6)
191.jpg

7)
202.jpg

8)
207.jpg

9)
213.jpg

10)
221.jpg

11)
226.jpg

2 & 3 look out of focus to me. 9 & 10 are spot, love her expression in both and the tender moment between the two of them.

they do seem to get better as i scroll down. i am TOTALLY amateur, but a couple points i might make are:

1) FOCUS! i dont know what youre shooting on, but if its digital, you should see that its out of focus and DELETE immediately. i'm just branching out into making money with my photos and i dont EVER want ANYONE to see my out of focus shots. obviously, sometimes its inevitable, BUT BURY THEM! = )

2)when shooting outside, be very mindful of the location of the sun. keep it behind you and in front of your subjects. a couple (1,2,3((if in focus))6) would be great if there wasnt the blown out portion of the sky. which can be avoided if you are mindful of the sun. another benefit is it will illuminate your subjects and bring out the colors.

3)the horizon in #5 is not straight. straightening it in photoshop might make them look crooked. another thing to be mindful of when composing the shot, since its one of the only things that cant be fixed in photoshop = )

4)you did however, capture the natural beauty in soon to be parents. there is a great feeling of warmth and love in each photo. look forward to seeing the post/birth photos!

---if youve seen any of my photos on here, they get MASSIVE criticism, and well deserved, these are just my opinions, and i do think you captured a mood and feeling that some of us could not.

super cute!!!
makes me wish I would of done maternity shoots when I had my last daughter!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back