Photos OK to edit
2187151812_5cc14e16d1_b.jpg

2188761982_68ae409ee7_b.jpg

2187976251_b4ef248202_b.jpg

Comments and critiques are welcome!

PS out his acne.

nice shots!

spiffy,
that would be A LOT of PS work. That would not be fun at all. If I were using them for a portfolio I'd PS out the acne, but if they are for the model I'd get permission first...some people can be very offended by the photog taking out acne, scars, etc.

PS out his acne.

nice shots!
Thanks!

I'm not sure about that, I want the shots to have character with skin pores showing. I used quite a bit of high pass.

The contrast is a very harsh on the last two for now, and the hair look very light in the last one. I will work on that later, right now don't have a mouse! :x

PS work would take about 2 minutes...
That depends on how detailed you want to get. You can rush it with healing brush in 2 minutes, but you usually get better results with more time put into it.

spiffy,
that would be A LOT of PS work. That would not be fun at all. If I were using them for a portfolio I'd PS out the acne, but if they are for the model I'd get permission first...some people can be very offended by the photog taking out acne, scars, etc.
You are right.

But for these particular shots, I want keep the acnes and maximize skin pores for character.

Thanks!

I'm not sure about that, I want the shots to have character with skin pores showing. I used quite a bit of high pass.

The contrast is a very harsh on the last two for now, and the hair look very light in the last one. I will work on that later, right now don't have a mouse! :x

Got a live mouse trap? :mrgreen:

That sucks though! I hate it when things like that happen! Oh and you can make the acne dissapear and keep texture. Use the heal brush and the blur tool... Do you mind if i do an edit?

Got a live mouse trap? :mrgreen:

That sucks though! I hate it when things like that happen! Oh and you can make the acne dissapear and keep texture. Use the heal brush and the blur tool... Do you mind if i do an edit?
Lol, just need to charge the battery. Incidentally there was a mouse caught on one of those mouse traps in my apartment. :lol:

I know how to do that, but I'm not sure how it will look like. I am curious to see what you can come up with!

It says ok to edit, I hope you dont mind. :D

His cheek is a little softer than i would like, but that would be easy to get around with a full size file. ( oh and i didn't touch the healing brush or blur tool for this one. )

DELEDEME.jpg

Great job, Scott! Except the bottom portion as you mentioned.

It does look better without the acnes. I will give it a try once I have time.

Update version and 2 more shots:

2189246722_7aa5ea085c_b.jpg

4. No I wasn't thinking of Bill Cosby when I saw this shot, I don't know why I'm evening mentioning that! :D
2189246346_98fb5e086b_b.jpg

5. And one with color.
2189247032_427e4a816d_b.jpg

Love them, they are fantastic.

I totally agree. PSing his face would kill the look. Does his expression look like one of softness? I think not, and the rough look works great here.

Excellent shots Phototron!

Excellent PS work scotts!!

I am humbled by you both :hail:

Lovely shots. Any chance of a photo that shows us your set up? i.e. a photo of the studio and lighting arrangement.
Also what gear and settings did you use please?

makes me want to sell my camera and buy an etch a sketch.....lol:lol:

Most reactions

Back