From Todays Shoot

pm63

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today I was asked to help out a friend with her drama project for school. If I understood correctly, her concept was something to do with the clash of man made things (like clothes and fabric) with nature, so she wanted some shots of this guy in a white shirt, onto which she will later PS quotes from literature that relates to the theme (so if he looks shocked with the nature there's your explanation). I took it as an opportunity to gain some general experience photographing with a model and interacting. We had limited time and it was only towards the end that we really began to loosen up and get into it.

I'm not kidding myself, this isn't outstanding work but I was happy to gain experience with shooting people (my main subjects are landscapes and wildlife). As such, any critiques or tips would be VERY valuable. Feel free to rip in:

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0051-1.jpg

Thanks for looking, I might post up some more as I PS. :mrgreen:

The 2nd one really stands out as an excellent photo. The directional lighting and especially the facial expression. I just wish his shirt laid better in the photo.

Thanks usayit, good call on the shirt, I didn't even notice that. I'm also thinking that I didn't desaturate enough on the 2nd, but that's a minor point.

The second was my fave but now the first and third are starting to grow on me...

Any other crits?

Hmm, my last post doesn't seem to have been registered, and I need the bump for some more feedback, crits anyone?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back