What's new

Frost on the window

Railphotog

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
May 7, 2011
Messages
383
Reaction score
107
Location
Atlantic Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took these shots a few years ago on our bathroom window - the sun was coming up from behind and I knew the frost designs wouldn't last long, and I wanted the sun to light them:

Frostonwindow.jpg


Frost2.jpg


Used my Canon DSLR (Probably was using an XTi at the time), and Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens and a combination of close up lenses. Shots were handheld, as I didn't have time nor the room to set up a tripod. The designs are about one inch across.
 
Love the shots. Almost looks like you carved the frost yourself! Very nice.
 
Very nice, especially for hand held. I wish the bottom weren't cut off on the second. I'd do a little post-processing to even out the background in the first - remove blotches and spots and maybe even try to darken the lighter areas a bit.
 
Very nice! I get these on our window but never thought to shoot them. I'm partial to #2.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom