Frozen Sunset

Wally

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Taken the other day on one of my walkabouts. This is from an HDR image made in Photoshop CS2 from 5 exposures on my 300D. Comments welcome! Thanks for lookin'!!
11-24-05-CRW_4636-01.jpg

This is nice Wally :thumbup: Glad you took the time to work all those exposures into one frame. It really paid off!

Mmm, love the colour :) I like purple :D
It enhances the frosty cold feeling in the picture too

Nice picture! Without sounding too stupid.. what is HDR =p

zedin said:
Nice picture! Without sounding too stupid.. what is HDR =p

Thanks everyone! An HDR image is a High Dynamic Range image. They are made at this point by merging several exposures together to capture more light than you can with film or digital imagers.

What I did was take 5 exposures with the same Fstop and iso with time as the only variable. I underexposed by 2 stops, then 1 stop, took one dead on, then over exposed by 1, and then 2 stops. Then using the Merge to HDR feature in Photoshop CS2, Photoshop merges all 5 images into 1. In the under exposed images the sky looks really good, while the foreground is very dark. In the over exposed images the sky is blown out, while the foreground looks nice.

What Photoshop does is combine the best parts of the images to recreate what our eyes can see.

Great shot Wally. The colours are just amazing

Wow. I want to know how to do that process!
I so fight with tricky light situations at times, and I still haven't quite figured out this "merging" pics in PS (I am slow in that area. Sorry... :roll: ), and now I am very interested in this, too! To have PS sort out what is best for you...

The purple hue is fascinating!
I am as fascinated by "the blue hour", but when everything turns like this, it is also quite special! Wonderful capture. And it does look cold! Brrr!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back