Frustrated with this edit!

InnatelyKait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
[imglink]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7184/6787949564_12b920330f_z.jpg[/imglink]

I had such high hopes for this photo when I pulled it up. The selective color idea came to me and then I couldn't make it what I wanted it to be. I like the composition and the idea, but I can't seem to get the black and white contrast right so that the whole photo doesn't seem totally boring. I've been at it for about an hour to no avail. Any ideas where to take this?

It may look better if the image in the mirror is B&W strong contrast and the rest is color. Maybe i'm off.

Anyway you may have better luck with B&W if you use this, and the trial version is free. Google: SILVER EFEX PRO™ 2

FWIW I really like the shot as it is, though I do agree some more contrast and brightness in the background would help.

Maybe try this with different weather? Pouring rain contrasted with a clear blue sky?

I did a similar picture, try keeping it all in focus and leaving the car the normal color. Its a cool picture either way tho I think.

Attachments

• $1bw.jpg
    $1bw.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 115

Most reactions

New Topics

Back