FS: (2) Impact Digital 160w/s Monolights

Braineack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Time to let go of these. I bought them just shy of 4 years ago and have worked well for me.

Note: Due to the HUGE softboxes I used on them, the clamp to lock the tilt is a bit weak one one of the units, the other is probably not far off. The screw has started spinning in place as you tighten down, not allowing it to clamp down as hard as it needs on heavy modifiers. I put some grippy rubber in between for now -- has helped but not completely solved (the umbrellas and beauty dish I use now are fine)

Gorilla glue will probably solve this, to hold the bolt secure again while you tighten. Or you could probably just replace the mount section, their site suggest contacting them for replacement parts: Support | Gradus Group

IMG_20171022_123849.jpg IMG_20171022_125652.jpg

Both come with the bowens mount 7" reflectors. and power cords. sync cables not included

Bonus: using my YN622-TX paired with a YN622 these could even sync all the way to 1/4000 (never tried 1/8000).

Suggestion: replace the modeling bulbs with something stronger and LED. they are weak and get way too hot for the minuscule amount of light they provide.

This is a great starter pair for a beginner to studio strobes. Plenty of power indoors for shooting at f/11

I'm going to let the pair go for $150 shipped (lower 48) -- please keep in mind these are large and heavy, so a good portion that will go directly into shipping fees.

Last edited:
morning update bump.

Braineack is a great member and a standup guy.(when hes not sitting down) i've done business with him before and would not hesitate to do so again. buy with confidence!

also, bump.

Braineack is a great member and a standup guy.(when hes not sitting down) i've done business with him before and would not hesitate to do so again. buy with confidence!

also, bump.

Indeed. If these kick around too much longer, I might be sending him some money again.

:p I just want these to go to use.

Most reactions

Back