FS: Canon 400f2.8L w/Lightware Long Lens Bag

FlyingWithFish

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flyingwithfish.com
For Sale: Canon 400f2.8L MK I

As I no longer actively cover professional sports or NCAA Division 1 sports for a living I am parting with my Canon 400f2.8L Mk I.

This lens, while cosmetically a 7.5, operates at a 9.5 level. This lens has been regularly maintained by a Canon Authorized repair facility and the glass is dead-on tack sharp. The lens hood even has a working 'locking screw' which is commonly broken on many 400f2.8 lens hoods.

Over the past few years my 400f2.8 has come to work with me to document the New England Patriots advancing to the Super Bowl multiple times; the Boston Red Sox win the 2004 World Series; photograph the Super Bowl; the Final Four; FIFA World Cup; politicians making a run for the White House; politicians failing to make it to the White House ; the Current Occupant of The White House and countless other assignments.

You can see samples of lenses shot with the lens at: www.fishfotoworldwide.com , click on "The Moments" and check out photos 17 & 18

This 400f2.8 comes with the rear-lens cap, the OEM lens hood, a 2" Domke gripper strap, Lightware long lens bag (that holds the 400f2.8 with the lens affixed in the forward position).

The cost? US$3,000 including PayPal fees (although bank transfer is preferred), UPS insured ground shipping in the ConUS. Lens is guaranteed not DOA and is sold as-is

Interested in the lens? Drop me an e-mail at [email protected]

Photos of the lens to be posted once I put some clean black gaffers tape on the hood, and remove the black tape I have covering the lens for protection

Last edited:
I'll start praying for some money... Love the lens! Would still love to see a picture of it.

I have received a number of enquiries asking about the mechanical and optical condition of the lens.

The lens, which I purchased in late 2002, has twice been serviced by Canon Pro Services. In addition this lens has been serviced generally twice a year by a Canon authorized pro repair facility to ensure that everything works perfectly The lens was completely disassembled in May 2008, cleaned internally and a new auto-focus electronics system was installed as preemptive maintenance.

Personally, I don't give a second thought to the external cosmetics of my equipment. My cameras and lenses are my tools. Since I rely on my tools to generate income and feed my kids, I am vigilant about making sure they are 100% operational and will perform flawlessly when needed. The optics are excellent, the glass is clean, the auto focus is fast, responsive and flawless.

I know many photographers like their equipment to be cosmetically perfect, I only focus on my equipment operating perfectly.

This 400f2.8 is being sold for US$3,000. This fee includes a Canon OEM lens hood, Domke 2" Gripper Strap and a Lightware long lens bagUPS ground shipping in the ConUS, PayPal fees (although bank transfers are preferred).

Below are two photos of my Canon 400f2.8 and two photos shot with the 400f2.8.......you can see it has enjoyed a fun life on a road.........

400f28_x01.jpg

400f28_x03.jpg

gal3_img18.jpg

gal3_img17.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back