FS: Tarmon 70-300 Nikon mount

jeremycnwy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, I bought this lens off a friend with out checking to see that it would auto focus with my D5000 and it wont. Thats the only reason for me selling this lens. I have taken some shots with it, and i really love the colors and contrast from this lens. I really like this lens but the manual focus only is a killer for me and my shooting. It has a 1:2 macro mode from 180 to 300mm that i think is pretty good, a little soft but does well for this grade of lens. I did test it on a D90 and the AF works fine. The glass is very clean, no scratches or anything, very nice.

I cant really find too much info on this lens because apparently its been discontinued for the newer model with the AF motor in it.
Here is the Tamron page for it..
AF70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro Zoom; Tamron USA, Inc.

and a link to one of the few places i've found it for sale online..
Tamron 70-300mm DI LD 1:2 Macro Lens For Nikon Mount

Asking $75 shipped (withen the states)

DSC_4084-1.jpg

DSC_4087-1.jpg

DSC_4088-1.jpg

DSC_4089-1.jpg

Here are a couple shot i've taken with it.. The only editing done to these shots were done in raw processing in Camera_Raw.

812383100_qqRfM-S.jpg

812383669_okVeX-S.jpg

812383358_XbVgm-S.jpg

are those pictures of the actual lens? It appear to not have the necessary hole on the mount for the body focus motor to work through...

I only post this because I have this lens for a D5000 and it does autofocus.

yes these are my pictures of the actual lens i have for sale.

In the picture of the mount the screw for the auto focus is at the top slightly to the left.

Ok, I see it now.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back