Fuji DBP

Alpha

Troll Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Came out back in the day (2004). Images interpolate to 41MP.

Anyone got the skinny on Japanese retailers, and if there are any of these floating around the camera market in Japan?

fujidbp.jpg

Not really familiar with that part of the market, but looked over the sites of the "standard" shops and portals (Yodobashi, BicCamera, Kakaku.com etc.), and couldn't find it.
The link which Bifurcator posted is to the official Fuji site, and it has a phone number down there, so a call might confirm if it can be purchased directly. Knowing Japan, it probably can be purchased somewhere.

I feel like there ought to be a few floating around the used market if it's been out since 2004. Word on the street is that the GX680 is a very popular studio camera in Japan.

I see Hasselblad, Mamiya and Pentax allot in studios and stores. I don't think I've ever seen a Fuji here. Doesn't mean anything other than my path has never led me past one though I suppose. I never hear any talk of them either tho. If asked I would venture to guess that they are not popular in Japan.

Edit: Especially Mamiya and Pentax. Row after row of used bodies and backs in the shops. Usually 2 or 3 Hasselblads for every 15 or 20 Mamiyas or Pentax's. I see about the same number of Contax (mostly the 645) as I see Hasselblads actually too.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back