Fuji Finepix S6500/S6000FD

Indigo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone,

Can anyone please tell me what you think about the Fuji S6500/s600FD camera? I am new in this business and want to shoot wedding pictures. I want to buy this camera, because this is the only one I can afford for now. Or if you can suggest any other camera in the same price category, I will be very grateful.

Thank you
Indigo

if you have a bit of extra money, the Nikon D40 would be a ton better, however in that price range you won't get an SLR. I was in the same situation about a year ago before I could afford my SLR I got the Fuji S5200 and loved it. This one seems to have more features than the 5200 and much better quality. I say go for it. It is designed to give people the effect of an SLR at a cheaper price. once it makes you enough money, get an SLR.

Sean

Welcome to the forum.

Wedding photography is not something to start doing if you can't afford the proper equipment. I won't say that you can't shoot a wedding with that camera...but I would certainly recommend against it. If you can't afford a proper digital SLR camera...I'd recommend using a film SLR before a non-SLR digital.

Also, you will need much more equipment than just a camera to get into the business. The cheap lenses that come with most SLR cameras, are not really up to the job of shooting a wedding...they don't have a big enough maximum aperture....so you would probably need a fast lens. Some wedding pros don't use flash...but the majority do. So you would probably need a flash (don't even think about using a built-in flash).

So now we have a good camera, a good lens and a good flash...now you need back up for all of that. So at least two cameras, lenses and flashes. Most people don't double up with the same lens but you still need something in case one stops working.

Now you need plenty of memory cards. Several gigabytes at least. I'd suggest at least six GB but more is better. Then you need batteries for the camera and flashes. You may want something like a flash bracket and then you will need an off camera shoe cord (or two).

That's just a start.

I don't want to sound too discouraging...but it worries me when I read this...
I am new in this business and want to shoot wedding pictures. I want to buy this camera, because this is the only one I can afford for now
Weddings are supposed to be once in a lifetime events. As a photographer, you have once chance to capture that event for your clients. You must have the equipment (& know how) to do the job...and do it well, if you want to succeed.

Thank you for your advise. I will definitely look into it.

Regards
Indigo

Most reactions

Back