Fuji GFX: Digital Medium Format 44x33mm

Solarflare

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
OOOOHHHHH I think I just found my retirement present to me.

Sweeeeeeet

+ Interface looks pretty good: many controls, direct controls for Shutter Speed+ISO on camera, Joystick for fast AF point selection etc
+ Aperture rings on the lenses, completing the direct control of all three exposure triangle parameters; aperture ring always closest to camera.
+ pretty complete set of glas already anounced (KB Equiv: 18mm f2.8, 35mm f2.8, 50mm f2.8, 85mm f2, 95mm f4 macro, 25-50mm f4 IS)
+ Fuji can definitely do lenses, possibly the currently leading company in this respect, equals to the like of Zeiss and Nikon
+ Focal plane shutter in camera for lenses without central shutter
+ Promises extensive support for adapters (including support for central shutter, autofocus)
+ Separate gear to make the EVF flip upward and/or sideways+ Two way flipscreen
+ Dual card slots, Weather- and dust resistance on camera and lenses
+ Quite inconspicuous looking, relative for what it is

- not released yet (comes early 2017), and no pricing set, only vague informations there
- half of the announced lenses announced for quite some time later (18mm, 85mm: mid 2017; 35mm: end 2017)
- native lenses so far do not offer central shutter and flash sync of camera is only 1/125 sec
- different rings on lenses are all the same profile, cant know by touch if currently switching aperture, focus or zoom
- No dedicated dial for exposure compensation
- Somewhat ugly (backside bump of camera, bland design of lenses, but especially that awful battery grip)
- No X-Trans if you're a fan of that

Most reactions

New Topics

Back