Fuji x pro 2 - graphite

SnappingShark

Always learning.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got this in the mail - and wow what a stunner. They really did a number on the paint work.

I first saw one of these back in 2015 at a Fuji Event in Seattle - I only saw the black version and I didn't think much of it. In fact, I already had my Leica and was probably a little snotty about it to really give it a try.

But after actually buying one for myself, to use, as a main camera (long story - read my blog if you want to find out more) - I can say I love it already.

I had read that the auto focus was still patchy and slow. I had read and watched videos that made this thing look like a brick. I had seen people chosing the xt2 over the xpro2.

Well, all that is bs. The AF is lightning quick and when it says it's locked, well it's locked. Yeah, if there's plenty of things to focus on, it may hunt, or if you're using a large focus area to find a small spec of grey on a white background, then yeah it'll hunt some more.
But it's fast switching from far focus to near focus. It's super, RIDICULOUSLY light feeling, and well, yeah, I'm glad I got it.

I know fuji aren't known for their long focal length lenses, but that's OK with me.

I just wanted to say that if anybody was on the fence about these bad boys, get off the fence and get one.

Oh, and the main difference between this and the xt2 is pretty much the viewfiender location, and the fact that the xpro2 has an OVF as well as EVF. Bonus for my shooting style.

Found no other real downsides to it yet.

I have a XP2 and a XT2. The XT2, for what I shoot and how I shoot, is a significantly faster handling camera than the XP2. The XP2 is a much better looking camera, but the XT2 is much faster handling with a huge EVF and the addition of the booster/grip increase performance and puts three batteries online.

The grip looks pretty nice with the XT2, I have to admit that! XP2 would for sure be too big for me if the grip for that existed!

I've had issues with sizes since my arm broke and lost ability to hold such heavy things for periods of time (hence why going to the bathroom is a chore lol).

So this time around, when switching systems, I've put my thoughts into every aspect of my photography needs and requirements.

I am excited in the future though to try an m mount lens on this thing! I'd love the focus tab that's on the cron 35!

From what I have heard, the viewfinder is way larger on the T2.

From what I have heard, the viewfinder is way larger on the T2.

Yes, from my research also. It's also larger on the X100T/F which is strange. I think I even saw a review which said one guys eyelashes got in the way of the smaller viewfinder. Weird. I have (at present) got no issues.

I've had issues with sizes since my arm broke and lost ability to hold such heavy things for periods of time (hence why going to the bathroom is a chore lol).

So this time around, when switching systems, I've put my thoughts into every aspect of my photography needs and requirements.

I am excited in the future though to try an m mount lens on this thing! I'd love the focus tab that's on the cron 35!
Got it ... that's too bad about your arm.

That is my main negative about the XP2 is the XT2's EVF is huge in comparison and very much nicer to use than the XP2. I love the size of the XT2 EVF. But the XP2 is still terribly pretty.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back