Fujifilm x-t20 or x-t30

You have an interchangeable lens camera and using it with one prime focal length lens is a lot like having a phone camera with one lens. If you have a zoom lens then you have focal length flexibility. If a person has only one lens then it would be nice to have a decent zoom lens. For your second lens I would strongly think about buying one of the fine fixed focal length Fuji lenses.

You have an interchangeable lens camera and using it with one prime focal length lens is a lot like having a phone camera with one lens. If you have a zoom lens then you have focal length flexibility. If a person has only one lens then it would be nice to have a decent zoom lens. For your second lens I would strongly think about buying one of the fine fixed focal length Fuji lenses.
Thanks Derrel. Do u know if there is much of a difference in quality between the XC 15_45 mm and the xf 18-55 mm . ?

The 18-55 is the superior lens of the two unless your goal is smaller and lighter. The 2.8 comes in handy in low light. From all that I have read, the image quality on the 15-45 is great but the electronic zoom is a pain. What will you be photographing? How will you be using the lens? Will you be taking landscapes on a tripod so 2.8 doesn’t matter as much? Will you be in good light or indoors? Will you be hiking and want the lighter option?

The xt2 with 18-55 is a killer combo. In the long run, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with either lens but there’s a reason the 18-55 cost more.

The 18-55 is the superior lens of the two unless your goal is smaller and lighter. The 2.8 comes in handy in low light. From all that I have read, the image quality on the 15-45 is great but the electronic zoom is a pain. What will you be photographing? How will you be using the lens? Will you be taking landscapes on a tripod so 2.8 doesn’t matter as much? Will you be in good light or indoors? Will you be hiking and want the lighter option?

The xt2 with 18-55 is a killer combo. In the long run, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with either lens but there’s a reason the 18-55 cost more.
Thanks again for this information I realy appreciate it. The camera will be used for outdoors taking landscape and just general photos of things . At the moment I use the 35mm on the nikon and I love that view and photos . So just general photos when outdoors . I have never used a tripod yet will will do . Just one more question if you dont mind maybe you can help . Onky up until a few months I used automatic mode on the nikon but changed to using aperture priority mode and I was able to set the colours better using this and I seem to be getting good photos by learing this node and having the other modes on automatic. So my question is on the xt2 there is no automatic mode but I read if u put the 3 modes at A the camera is in basicly automatic mode if i just wanted to say point and shoot ? I know it's a more professional camera . So mainly il be using it in priority mode so i take it kike the nikon all the other modes will set themselves and the camera works those out ?? Thabks again

Thanks again for this information I realy appreciate it. The camera will be used for outdoors taking landscape and just general photos of things . At the moment I use the 35mm on the nikon and I love that view and photos . So just general photos when outdoors . I have never used a tripod yet will will do . Just one more question if you dont mind maybe you can help . Onky up until a few months I used automatic mode on the nikon but changed to using aperture priority mode and I was able to set the colours better using this and I seem to be getting good photos by learing this node and having the other modes on automatic. So my question is on the xt2 there is no automatic mode but I read if u put the 3 modes at A the camera is in basicly automatic mode if i just wanted to say point and shoot ? I know it's a more professional camera . So mainly il be using it in priority mode so i take it kike the nikon all the other modes will set themselves and the camera works those out ?? Thabks again

That’s how it’s supposed to work. Not sure if I’ve ever tried putting everything on auto with the Xt2. Usually I set my minimum shutter speed and my desired aperture and use auto ISO or full manual which is super easy with the EVF.

Auto ISO in manual mode is very freeing. There is much to recommend it.

On the 18-55, there is a switch on the lens which you turn to A. Then turn your shutter speed dial to A. Now you will be shooting in program auto. From there you can adjust ISO manually or set it to auto in the menu. You also have the ec dial for finer control. I dont shoot this way a lot but it works well generally speaking.

That’s how it’s supposed to work. Not sure if I’ve ever tried putting everything on auto with the Xt2. Usually I set my minimum shutter speed and my desired aperture and use auto ISO or full manual which is super easy with the EVF.
Thanks again for your help and information

On the 18-55, there is a switch on the lens which you turn to A. Then turn your shutter speed dial to A. Now you will be shooting in program auto. From there you can adjust ISO manually or set it to auto in the menu. You also have the ec dial for finer control. I dont shoot this way a lot but it works well generally speaking.
Thanks for your reply and information

You may want to check out the Fuji USA Buy/Swap/Sell Facebook group. Good prices on used gear.

You may want to check out the Fuji USA Buy/Swap/Sell Facebook group. Good prices on used gear.
Thabks for that il have a look at that now ;-)

Most reactions

Back