Fujifilm XT3 released

One crazy note is that this is listed at $1,500, which seems low, no?

I think it's a great strategy for keeping people from jumping back to Nikon.

And even for those that may want flagship m43 (Olympus or Panasonic) cameras. I'd love to upgrade my EM1 to an EM1 mark II, but at $1700, I am waiting as long as possible. Especially with the rumor of a new high end Olympus.

it really is smart and they're going to sell a bunch of them. I like that they don't hype stuff up. they release it and the users sell it for them.

it really is smart and they're going to sell a bunch of them. I like that they don't hype stuff up. they release it and the users sell it for them.
With all due respect to Fuji, this is the third iteration, so there's nothing "groundbreaking". Unlike Canon and Nikon who came out with new full frame mirrorless models. That said, I do like that a new model came out with minimal hype. Similarly, I liked Canon's method of introducing the Canon FF mirrorless. I very much disliked Nikon's hype, videos, rumors, etc.

With all due respect to Fuji, this is the third iteration, so there's nothing "groundbreaking". Unlike Canon and Nikon who came out with new full frame mirrorless models. That said, I do like that a new model came out with minimal hype. Similarly, I liked Canon's method of introducing the Canon FF mirrorless. I very much disliked Nikon's hype, videos, rumors, etc.
I disagree. A BSI sensor, 30fps, new micro focus, full sensor AF, no blackout EVF, is significantly more at less money. HUGE upgrade

@jcdeboever What is no blackout evf? The evf is my favorite thing about the XT2...

@jcdeboever What is no blackout evf? The evf is my favorite thing about the XT2...
sometimes the EVF blacks out for a second under certain situations, like continuous AF. I've noticed it shooting soccer. I pump the shutter now so I don't have so many files.

It's not even a banner on the fujifilm usa website? That's a bit too understated. I read that there is a $200 bonus trade in offered in UK... Was just curious if that was being offered in US so went to the website and had to search for the XT3 info.

sometimes the EVF blacks out for a second under certain situations, like continuous AF. I've noticed it shooting soccer. I pump the shutter now so I don't have so many files.

Yes for sports weeding through all of those files when you use CH is a pita. I took 400 photos at the field hockey game the other day. Culled it down to 50 then whittled that down to 40... Lots of dups with CH. I may try your shutter pump method next game. Which could be today if I stop messing around on TPF and finish working lol.

@jcdeboever , I agree on the great price, it's very good.

Yes for sports weeding through all of those files when you use CH is a pita. I took 400 photos at the field hockey game the other day. Culled it down to 50 then whittled that down to 40... Lots of dups with CH. I may try your shutter pump method next game. Which could be today if I stop messing around on TPF and finish working lol.
Like JC, I pump the focus button and shoot most everything now on single shot. Gotta wait for the height of action, then release the shutter.

If you know the sport, it makes it a little easier. It's kind of like making love but with the camera. OK. I'm sure limr is going to scold me for this but it is kind of like that, that's why I love it.

Like JC, I pump the focus button and shoot most everything now on single shot. Gotta wait for the height of action, then release the shutter.

bbf?

Dang.. just got the X-T2 at work about a month ago.

Most reactions

Back