Full-time Pro. New to the PhotoForum !

JerryVenz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First, a little about my background. I started printing my own work and for state (California) and national (PSA) print competitions 40-years ago--boy did I just Date myself! That photography was fine-art nature (Many National Parks), high speed action sports like GP road-race motorcycles--Motocross too--or Formula race cars at tracks like Sears Point and Laguna Seca. I also did Pro-Drag Race photography of Rails, Funny-Cars, Altereds and Bikes at several drag strips in California--I also road-raced and drag-raced motorcycles myself!
In addition I did architectural photography as fine-art and for hire for several architects. That involved the usual interiors and exteriors but also required aerials from helicopters--Great Fun!

Fast forward; All this experience was invaluable when my wife and I started-up our wedding and portrait photography business 25-years ago. We're still going strong with a relocation to Meridian, Idaho and the rebranding of the business to the Storytellers. thestorytellersusa.com

I've also started teaching to aspiring professional photographers in one-on-one, specialized, tutorials and in small group classes. That business is called Light At The Edge ( lightattheedge.com )

Some of my credentials and awards include: From PPA (Professional Photographers of America) MASTER of Photography, and C.P.P. Certified Professional Photographer and now working on the ASP Fellowship--that's at least a four year journey!

From WPPI (Wedding and Portrait Photographers International): The Accolade of Photographic Mastery (APM) and the Accolade of Outstanding Photographic Achievement (AOPA).

The award we had the most fun with was winning Capri Albums Portrait Photographer of the Year in 2003 in their national competition. The grand prize was a trip to Italy! The images I created in Rome, the Isle of Capri, and Pompeii became the core of our fine-art travel portfolio--which we've added to with seven cruises since to different parts of the Carribean!

So, ask me ANYTHING about any area of photography. I offer myself as an added resource for the members of this forum!

thanks for bearing with me through this overly long introduction! Jerry V.

Welcome Jerry!

Welcome to TPF, Jerry! You have a wonderful resume, and it's a pleasure to have you on board. :)

I hope you look around the place and feel inspired to post some of your work in our Gallery section. Lots of our beginners and amateurs alike would love to pick your brain.

Jump in, and have fun!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to TPF, Jerry. I hope you stick around and drink a few beers with us!

Welcome to the board Jerry!

Welcome to the forums.

Welcome to the site Jerry. What is your favorite thing to shoot thus far from all of your experiences? What change in technology was the hardest for you to adapt to?

Welcome to the site. Your experience will be appreciated here I'm sure. :)

Great intro Jerry and welcome to the forum!

welcome aboard, post some photo's when you get a few moments.

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back