Fun with a GBH

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Dim overcast light, but some fun action watching this Great Blue Heron wrestling with many different creatures

1 The day started with this heron hiding in the reeds.
rwebsz0940.jpg

then some Red Winged Black Bird harassment..
rwebsz0942.jpg

3 Someone is at the back door??
rwebsz0943.jpg

4 snagged a Catfish!
rwebsz0945.jpg

5 Too big to swallow, but he killed it anyway!
rwebsz0946.jpg

6 Chased away by a Canada Goose
rwebsz0947.jpg

7 Shaking down lunch.
rwebsz0948.jpg

Ouch!!!
rwebsz0949.jpg

thanks for looking!

:lol: ......... good commentary ray!.......... these are all excellent, great work man :thumbup:

Awesome as always Sir Raymond. Love these and your comments.:thumbup: :thumbup:

Great photos, Especially good to be able to catch no 4 & 5 with the fish!

I read the thread title and was thinking 'fun with GBH being Grievous Bodily Harm' eh? :p

I never realised how what efficient killers herons really were! That fish is heeuge! i must take my camera with me to my park as there is a heron that visits there all the time!

Great photos!

Grimsby?! Where did you take these photos? I'm originally from St. Catharines.

Wonderful Photos!! Love these... Yes your patients has great rewards !!

Thanks everyone!

Tony said:
Great photos!

Grimsby?! Where did you take these photos? I'm originally from St. Catharines.

These were taken at Valley Inn, in west Burlington.. near the High Level Bridge off York St., or near the Royal Botanical Gardens.

Where do you live now?

man that RWBB is quite the bully, isn't he? awesome captures of the harpooned catfish... very cool... i would just love to witness something like that, i can't imagine being able to get such great photos of it! very nice... as usual. :thumbup:

JTHphoto said:
man that RWBB is quite the bully, isn't he? awesome captures of the harpooned catfish... very cool... i would just love to witness something like that, i can't imagine being able to get such great photos of it! very nice... as usual. :thumbup:

Thanks Squacks and JTH

That heron harpooned that fish at least 8 times, and then left it! From start to finish, I took about 90 shots of this attempt to eat the catfish.. just wish I had some better light!

Most reactions

Back