What's new

Fun With Stairs and D800 at High ISO

I took a high iso "snapshot" to email my nephews coming in from the carolinas. they need to know uncle steve picked up a few weekend snacks for their arrival.

the quick snappy shot didn't warrant big depth of field and breaking out the lights, just flip the ISO button and shoot.

see...this qualifies me as an expert "natural light" photographer
lol8.gif


901048_4853297204917_1156380741_o.jpg
 
Yes, yes continue to mock us peasants from your ivory tower.
 
I took a high iso "snapshot" to email my nephews coming in from the carolinas. they need to know uncle steve picked up a few weekend snacks for their arrival.

the quick snappy shot didn't warrant big depth of field and breaking out the lights, just flip the ISO button and shoot.

see...this qualifies me as an expert "natural light" photographer
lol8.gif


901048_4853297204917_1156380741_o.jpg

Yammm that makes me hungry
 
What do guys think about what ken rockwell says about the D600.He claims the image quality is better then all the pro line including the D4 and he also says its the only nikon DSLR that gets the autowhite balance correct.Maybe just bias towards this model I dont know but this is the model I want next despite the dust rumor I have read about and not because of what he says. here the link to it. http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d600.htm
 
What do guys think about what ken rockwell says about the D600.He claims the image quality is better then all the pro line including the D4 and he also says its the only nikon DSLR that gets the autowhite balance correct.Maybe just bias towards this model I dont know but this is the model I want next despite the dust rumor I have read about and not because of what he says.

Ken Rockwell is a moron. Check out the D800 review. He contradicts himself.

I will say though, that my D800 did need a WB calibration.
 
he Nikon D800 is the world's best for these things because it has such extremely high image quality that it exceeds not just every other full-frame DSLR ever made, it also replaces medium-format digital cameras that cost as much as a new Mercedes. -Ken Rockwell

Like this for example.
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The biggest problem I have with the D600, is that the impression of the focus points is tiny.
 
I've shot tons of images at 2000, 3200, 4000 and 6400 with quite reasonable results. Using Nik's DFine, I can really reduce the ambient noise down to qaulity acceptance even at 6400. The D7000 is good in that respect..among a host of others.
 
The one thing I like much better about the D600 is its lightweight, but thats the only plus for me and its because the body can't be treated as harshly
 
I've shot tons of images at 2000, 3200, 4000 and 6400 with quite reasonable results. Using Nik's DFine, I can really reduce the ambient noise down to qaulity acceptance even at 6400. The D7000 is good in that respect..among a host of others.

I sold my D7000 way back to buy a D700. The dynamic range alone of the D700 was incredible, not to mention the other FF immediate benefits. The ISO performance was about a tie for me, the D7000 rocks. I don't see where my D800 ISO is much better. if any at all
 
What do guys think about what ken rockwell says about the D600.He claims the image quality is better then all the pro line including the D4 and he also says its the only nikon DSLR that gets the autowhite balance correct.Maybe just bias towards this model I dont know but this is the model I want next despite the dust rumor I have read about and not because of what he says.

Ken Rockwell is a moron. Check out the D800 review. He contradicts himself.

I will say though, that my D800 did need a WB calibration.
Yea his opinion was very strong about the D600 seemed bias to me.However the D600 is the one I like and more within my budget but I like the D800 as well.Anything beyond the D800 I say forget about it,way to expensive and would not want a army tank hanging on my neck.
 
What do guys think about what ken rockwell says about the D600.He claims the image quality is better then all the pro line including the D4 and he also says its the only nikon DSLR that gets the autowhite balance correct.Maybe just bias towards this model I dont know but this is the model I want next despite the dust rumor I have read about and not because of what he says.

Ken Rockwell is a moron. Check out the D800 review. He contradicts himself.

I will say though, that my D800 did need a WB calibration.


Yea his opinion was very strong about the D600 seemed bias to me.However the D600 is the one I like and more within my budget but I like the D800 as well.Anything beyond the D800 I say forget about it,way to expensive and would not want a army tank hanging on my neck.

The D600 is probably a very good camera, but there are a lot of compromises when buying it.
 
I've shot tons of images at 2000, 3200, 4000 and 6400 with quite reasonable results. Using Nik's DFine, I can really reduce the ambient noise down to qaulity acceptance even at 6400. The D7000 is good in that respect..among a host of others.

I sold my D7000 way back to buy a D700. The dynamic range alone of the D700 was incredible, not to mention the other FF immediate benefits. The ISO performance was about a tie for me, the D7000 rocks. I don't see where my D800 ISO is much better. if any at all
I seen some images of the D700 body and IMO that is a sexy looking camera.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom