Funny Article - Tripods are pointless when shooting digital

Want the perfect example? You dEARlEADER, you. I have seen you around this forum long enough to know that you are far above and beyond Joe the photographer along with many of the people on this site, yet a lot of people still take his word as gospel.

:cokespit:ME?... Easy now.... I have very sensitive feelings......

What do I have to do with this? I don't endorse Ken Rockwell.... but I also don't get my nickers in a twist when somebody mentions his name...

I waded into this post because the OP thought it wasn't possible to take 1/15 handhelds @ 12mm..... well it is possible...

About KenRockwell.com

Ken Rockwell is just one photographer with an opinion just like anbody else. Opinions can be right or wrong, or right and wrong. The only person I've ever seen who has a perfect opinion all the time is me. You think it's easy being me?

Don't gimme some cry baby story about students looking to further themselves somehow get ripped off by reading his site. If you are looking to further your study and are only using Ken Rockwell as your source of education then you really ain't looking to further your study. If you read Ken Rockwells Tripod article and binned your tripod than you may be a Joe.

I find it humorous that people are posting their 500mm lens pic's in an effort discredit him. Then again, some people like to whip out their Johnsons at any opportunity just to make themselves feel better. I think it's obvious his opinion wasn't directed at serious photographers.

I promised myself I would leave this thread when Village Idiot posts his standard "Ken Rockwell is a joke" rebuttal ... but he is somehow late for the party... so... until then... who wants to mindlessly argue some more?

Funny article. I doubt he has shot much with Image stabilization since it definitely does not "eliminate" blur. Sure, it is possible to hand hold a camera at a higher shutter speed for a night shot when the ISO is cranked up to 1,400+!!!, like some of his images were. However, the pixels will be the size of dimes though.

:cokespit:ME?... Easy now.... I have very sensitive feelings......

What do I have to do with this? I don't endorse Ken Rockwell.... but I also don't get my nickers in a twist when somebody mentions his name...

Ken Rockwell is just one photographer with an opinion just like anbody else. Opinions can be right or wrong, or right and wrong. The only person I've ever seen who has a perfect opinion all the time is me. You think it's easy being me?

:lol: I love you man :hugs:

Funny article. I doubt he has shot much with Image stabilization since it definitely does not "eliminate" blur. Sure, it is possible to hand hold a camera at a higher shutter speed for a night shot when the ISO is cranked up to 1,400+!!!, like some of his images were. However, the pixels will be the size of dimes though.
Actually he said "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1.) IS and VR lenses eliminate blur caused by camera motion."

Also those pictures are smaller, the high res versions could be slightly blurry, and is reduced when you shrink the image...

There is also a lot less movement on wide angles of lenses, and they weigh less, even less movement... He is talking about his type of photography, what he says IS working for him, its does not mean it works for everything... They are just tips that if used correctly, can work. :)
[/FONT]

These discussions are great. Seems as though every profession/hobby has their Ken Rockwell's. I'm fairly new to photo message boards, but am also involved in scuba diving and a few other hobbies that have become less of a focus but the one thing that all of them have in common is that there is always a small group or individual person that has mastered the art of BS. They are usually very skilled in their craft but dispense equal amounts of good info and garbage. What sets them apart from the crowd though is the ability to create controversy that leads back to an abundance of self promotion. Whether you think he's a boob or the annointed one of photography Ken Rockwell's sole ambition is to get you talking about him and at that he has succeeded in spades. Love him or hate him he has figured out a way to make money and some notoriety on nothing more than the words that he prints.:D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back