Funny Comments you get when you have your "big" camera

SIGMA FTW!!!

3831319432_aea4360e2b.jpg

great macro lenses :)

I just get the usual...

#########################
"My.. what a BIG ZOOM you have!"...

and sometimes I'll get comments about my camera too.
#########################

I couldnt resist! :mrgreen:

I like the funny looks you get as you're sizing up a picture, but havnt taken your camera out yet. Then as soon as you pull it out, you can kinda sense the "ahhh he's a photographer"....

I like the funny looks you get as you're sizing up a picture, but havnt taken your camera out yet. Then as soon as you pull it out, you can kinda sense the "ahhh he's a photographer"....

AHHH, I get that all the time. :lol:

What's your problem?

Have you looked up the stats on this lens? Have you looked at the reviews for this lens?
"Pfft!" yourself.
Relax, mate, my post was in jest. ;)

Best comment I've gotten since I got my 7D so far is, "Damn.. that's a hell of a camera!" Its still so new to me all I said back was, "Dude, I know!" :lol: I probably sounded like I was making fun of him, but I was really just impressed with it myself.

Around Cincinnati the most common thing I hear is, "Who are you working for?"

ohhhhh... I just remembered one I hear all the time that annoys the hell out of me:

semi-friend/acquaintance who is semi-into photography/owns a digital camera sees me with my camera in hand,
"Hey man, we should shoot some photos some time"
uugggg! how about you leave me alone. :lol:
my usual response is, "Aw, yeah man- for sure..." haha

I don't have season tickets to LSU football, so I usually purchase them outside the stadium, as there are usually plenty of people trying to get rid of tickets for one reason or another.

I never pay face value for the "crap" games (LSU v. Louisiana-Lafayette, for example).

So I ask a guy how much he's selling his ticket for, and I counteroffer at $20 less than he wants.

"Dude, you're walking around with a thousand dollar Nikon and a thousand dollar lens in the rain*. You shouldn't quibble on $20."

*Camera and lens in question were covered with a ziploc :mrgreen:

I don't have season tickets to LSU football, so I usually purchase them outside the stadium, as there are usually plenty of people trying to get rid of tickets for one reason or another.

I never pay face value for the "crap" games (LSU v. Louisiana-Lafayette, for example).

So I ask a guy how much he's selling his ticket for, and I counteroffer at $20 less than he wants.

"Dude, you're walking around with a thousand dollar Nikon and a thousand dollar lens in the rain*. You shouldn't quibble on $20."

*Camera and lens in question were covered with a ziploc :mrgreen:

lol that is when you reply "Yeah I spent all my money on this camera, now I want to use it and get my moneys worth."

Some guy: Wow. Nice camera. How much something like that setcha back?

Me: Not much. I just knocked some guy out in the alley and took it from him. If the cops come by, you didn't see anything.

The guys eye widen. I wink at him and say "just kidding."

This happened yesterday, went to a local ski resort and after getting to the top of the mountain, I saw a lady carrying her Canon 5D with a wide-angle, lens hood, and a big softbox on top of it. I was looking for someone to take a picture of my fiance and I, she made herself aware she was capable of using my 30D. :)

Oh, actually, I am very often in that situations that I always have to take pictures of couples (or single Indians for some reason). They see my camera and think, wow, he will make us look good on the photo. Sometimes I feel like I take more pictures with other people's p&s cameras than with my own gear ;)

I am never sure how those images come out in the end though... guess they are all very disappointed in the end ;)

Similar situation.. Just the other day my wife and I were walking around the ski area where we are on vacation, I was shooting but she occasionally wants to take a pic with me in it for memories sake. She happened to be doing just that and some others came up and asked if we wouldn't mind taking their picture. I offered, but they hastily handed the camera to my wife, assuming she must be able to take a much better photo since she was holding the 50D at the time.

Big lenses and vertical grips seem to do it around here. That, and the clickclickclickclickclickclick that happens 8 times a second. The sound of a SLR is a beautiful thing.

Was at the Zoo Monday, and had the camera on a Tripod (Using as a monopod) and had the 100-400 fully extended with the 1.4x attached and walked up to the Lion area.... the Dad took his daughter and moved her closer to him and said.... "Get out of his way Honey, .. he's a photographer"....

Yup .... that day, I was.... :hail:

4368276383_61b0b61bb8.jpg

Was at the Zoo Monday, and had the camera on a Tripod (Using as a monopod) and had the 100-400 fully extended with the 1.4x attached and walked up to the Lion area.... the Dad took his daughter and moved her closer to him and said.... "Get out of his way Honey, .. he's a photographer"....

Yup .... that day, I was.... :hail:

4368276383_61b0b61bb8.jpg

I have gotten that on a few occations with my 400mm 5.6 on a tripod at a local raptor showing. I lost count of howmany times I said the words "Don't let me stop you, I can wait."

Yep I've had the self same reaction (though not from the lines - neat shot!)
And I didn't even have a bit white lens - just a tripod and my 70-300m little black sigma to hand. But I looked pro (its the beard I tell you! ;) ).
Now with the 70-200mm and a flash with softbox I really do look like the real nutter

I was out a little while back on a weekend night, 40D and 50/1.8 taking pics. Wandering into an area of KC with bars and restaurants aplenty, I got the whole "Dude, why're you shooting my girlfriend?" (when I was taking a picture of a wall...) or "CReeeeeeepy!" all while not actually shooting people.

Finally I have one guy shove his friend, point at me and say, "Psh f**kin' stalker over here! Getting shots of the sexy ladies you can't score?"

His friend smacked him when they looked through the window at what I shot. His girlfriend laughed and called him a moron. Image I was taking when he made his comment:

4337162594_af14dbfe78.jpg

Shot I took out of spite when he parted ways and left with his girlfriend:

4336414559_d6cba394f0.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back