What's new

G35

JustinL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Nov 1, 2011
Messages
154
Reaction score
58
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took my friends G35 out to get some pictures...



Sorry for the water mark but I've had to many photos stolen now, I'll make them at least have to go through the trouble of cropping it out.
 
How did you light the car? Did you light paint it? It looks pretty good in general but there's something that's bugging me about it overall and I can't put my finger on it. I think it might be the fact that the car is so brightly and evenly lit and the background is so dark, with such a sharp falloff between the two. It almost looks superimposed, even though I don't actually think it is.
 
+1 for light painting. There doesn't appear to be any light hitting the pavement around it like it would from a bright directional lightsource.

It is a nice image, OP. But I have to agree with Fokker that there needs to be a better balance between background and foreground. Especially since it's a white car. If it were a darker colored car, I think the underexposure of the background would have worked better.
 
yes it was light painted with a flash light. I do agree it looks very fake, and the ground is still some what visible and the background is lighter when i open it in Photoshop. But it goes very dark when i open it in any other image viewer, I think I need to color calibrate because I always have that problem and I'm not sure exactly why. Does any one know why it does that?
 
Sorry for the water mark but I've had to many photos stolen now, I'll make them at least have to go through the trouble of cropping it out.
It doesn't even take a crop. Just 10 seconds with a content-aware patch tool or healing brush, and it's gone like it never existed. It's not protecting anything, but it sure is drawing my attention from the rest of the image.

How did you light the car? Did you light paint it? It looks pretty good in general but there's something that's bugging me about it overall and I can't put my finger on it. I think it might be the fact that the car is so brightly and evenly lit and the background is so dark, with such a sharp falloff between the two. It almost looks superimposed, even though I don't actually think it is.
What's reducing my ability to buy it are the specular highlights. They just don't make any sense, given the rest of the scene.

yes it was light painted with a flash light. I do agree it looks very fake, and the ground is still some what visible and the background is lighter when i open it in Photoshop. But it goes very dark when i open it in any other image viewer, I think I need to color calibrate because I always have that problem and I'm not sure exactly why. Does any one know why it does that?
You should definitely calibrate your monitor(s), no matter what.
 
Sorry for the water mark but I've had to many photos stolen now, I'll make them at least have to go through the trouble of cropping it out.
It doesn't even take a crop. Just 10 seconds with a content-aware patch tool or healing brush, and it's gone like it never existed. It's not protecting anything, but it sure is drawing my attention from the rest of the image.

Of course... If you don't want your photos stolen don't upload them on the internet. Or do it in really small sizes...
Watermarks are fine if you want to put your name out there and help promoting it... But not to protect anything.

Photo is really nice by the way, although I agree this difference is too strong... maybe some more live on the paviment would be nice
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom