Gahhh, the sky! [HDR]

I like the distortion on the building...

Tweaked your image a little..

yvbN7.jpg

Oh, I like that. Would you mind elaborating through the steps a bit? ;)

If you want darker, heres another edit. This still has a bit of a Halo though... and got a little noisy given the small jpeg file. This is one shot though using HDR toning in photoshop.

Edit-2.jpg

Last edited:
Heres a shot at it.

EDITTT.jpg

The reason you're getting the "Halos" is because this picture doesn't *NEED* HDR.

HDR techniques are used when a single picture wouldn't capture the full range of light in the scene (hence the "high dynamic range" nomenclature). This picture was taken completely fine with 1 single shutter release so any "HDR" techniques you're doing to it are heightening the range beyond what you'd naturally see.

Try taking a few HDR shots of a bright blue sky over buildings and you won't have this problem to nearly the same degree. This sky isn't washed out at all even with the normal picture

The reason you're getting the "Halos" is because this picture doesn't *NEED* HDR.

HDR techniques are used when a single picture wouldn't capture the full range of light in the scene (hence the "high dynamic range" nomenclature). This picture was taken completely fine with 1 single shutter release so any "HDR" techniques you're doing to it are heightening the range beyond what you'd naturally see.

Try taking a few HDR shots of a bright blue sky over buildings and you won't have this problem to nearly the same degree. This sky isn't washed out at all even with the normal picture

Please listen to this guy. He is completely right.

People hate HDR so much because most of the people who use it don't use it right and do it very poorly.

Please listen to this guy. He is completely right.

People hate HDR so much because most of the people who use it don't use it right and do it very poorly.

Haha, I guess you're right. I'm pretty much an HDR noob, just toyed around with it for about 2 weeks now. I'm just inspired by all the HDRs that DO look good. I'll use it only when needed then!

the sky is lacking for sure.. but thats an easy fix.. just take a picture of a really nice sky.. apply the HDR effect to that and then stitch it into the building shot.. that will also get rid of the the "haloing" that happens around the edges of the buildings

Wow who took that?

Most reactions

Back