What's new

Gallery Hosts.

ashkir

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 25, 2010
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hosting images on a private web host is expensive. Many people turn to Flickr or Picasa, though many of the blog articles comparing them are old.

I am wondering what do you prefer?

I have been looking at Flickr, but am turned off by no sub albums, and restrictive community forums, picasa is okay but small amount of total space.

I am also looking at Chi.mp's system, there is no limit to how many photos you could have, but, everything is resized down to a width of 1024. Chi.mp gives you the most control but organization is very weak.

I also looked at Canon iMAGE Gateway and didn't like the interface much.
 
Flickr has Collections and Sets. Collections can contain many Sets.

What more could you want?

Also, hosting service isn't expensive. Well, unless $50 a year is expensive.
 
Flickr has Collections and Sets. Collections can contain many Sets.

What more could you want?

Also, hosting service isn't expensive. Well, unless $50 a year is expensive.
Hosting costs are killer to me. ><'. I run a website that gets about 250 gigs of bandwidth monthly, it is a fourth of an entire server's capabilities. I haven't seen any that are 50 bucks a year that can support several gigabytes of uploads, like Flickr can do.

I am leaning toward Flickr, but I really dislike the yahoo logins, the 24.95 is a bite due to me not having any income at all, but I can scrape it together.
 
Compare Web Hosting Plans

I have used them for years. Never had any problems.
I'll look at them.

HostGator closed my account for causing "too much stress". :[. I'll look into it but I really cannot afford another hosting plan so sticking to free options for now.

Edit: How is Deviantart ?
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom