Gardeners! Share your garden photos and garden chatter here.

Frost last two nights. Deadly to annuals. Total freakout for many since the upcoming Victoria Day weekend is the traditional spring plant-a-thon.

Frost last two nights. Deadly to annuals. Total freakout for many since the upcoming Victoria Day weekend is the traditional spring plant-a-thon.
My current situation…so annoying! It’s freezing out. I’m worried about my hummingbirds.

IMG_2059.jpeg

IMG_2056.jpeg

IMG_2054.jpeg

My neighbor's peonies are blooming, mine will before too much longer (theirs are always a week or two before mine). My lily of the valley is getting going. Not doing any gardening since I'm still rehabbing and not going to be out tromping in the yard any time soon! 'Plotting'/planning for gardening to be done next spring.

I cleared some grass yesterday to plant a tree today and someone took advantage and had a dirt bath. This is AFTER I brushed her off!

IMG_2098.jpeg

Look at that face! lol Who, me??

The peoneys are blooming fir the second tome and the yuccas have buds, so they'll be blooming soon. I waited too long to move them, so they'll stay until winter. We got another peoney at the sheep fest, so I'll get that in the ground this weekend. I still have to get the crape myrtle stump out but I'll wait until other stuff is done.

The peoneys are blooming fir the second tome and the yuccas have buds, so they'll be blooming soon. I waited too long to move them, so they'll stay until winter. We got another peoney at the sheep fest, so I'll get that in the ground this weekend. I still have to get the crape myrtle stump out but I'll wait until other stuff is done.
Peonies do not like to be moved. I didn’t realize the hummingbirds like the sap that the peony buds develop before blooming. One of our little pals was all over our peony yesterday.

Excuse the far away iphone shot.
IMG_2103.jpeg

The peoneys are fine where they are, just need to clean the other stuff out of there. I want to move the yuccas a little; they're too close to the driveway.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back