Gardeners! Share your garden photos and garden chatter here.

Your season is way ahead of ours Rick. I’m jealous but in summer when it’s livable here and you’re melting I’ll be happy.

I’m seeing some green around the base of a few perennials. The Shasta daisies and the cardinal flowers. Checked on my Japanese lilac tree that I planted last summer and it is still alive. Can’t wait to see how it develops. I’ve never planted a bare root tree like that before with all the branches removed. I wonder how many seasons it will take before it blooms? Anyone have any experience with that?

Find an inexpensive source of capsaicin powder or spray, and just cover the ground with it every few days. I added spicy suet nuggets to the bird feeder, and the squirrels have stayed away from the feeder. They are making a return since it's been a month or so, so I'll have to get more of the spicy suet for them.

What a difference a day makes, just a bud yesterday and today….

Shot from the old LG phone.

0211241119a_HDR.jpeg

I. Am. So. Jealous.

Stuck here in the freezing cold browsing seed catalogs 🤣🤣🤣

Was able to get the tiller out last week and today transplanted the sugar snap peas that I started in the little greenhouse a few weeks ago. Even got the fencing up I use as a trellis. Just in time, supposed to get rain this afternoon.

Now it’s time to start flower seeds.

Cold here again today but warmer weather coming next week. My tulips that I had forgotten about and left in the fridge then planted just a few weeks ago are sprouting already.

Cold here again today but warmer weather coming next week. My tulips that I had forgotten about and left in the fridge then planted just a few weeks ago are sprouting already.
We have daffodils blooming, in North Texas.

Find an inexpensive source of capsaicin powder or spray, and just cover the ground with it every few days. I added spicy suet nuggets to the bird feeder, and the squirrels have stayed away from the feeder. They are making a return since it's been a month or so, so I'll have to get more of the spicy suet for them.
Right. Birds aren't affected by capsacin, so they don't care. The substance evolved in plants that were propagated by birds, not mammals, as a way to keep mammals from eating them.

Saxifraga "Millstream Cream"
Adventuresome gardener+under-skilled carpenter=Alpine experiment
Coldframe kept a selection of Alpines safe from their enemy--excess moisture--over the S. Ontario winter
They shrug off cold. Planting medium mimics well-drained scree--gravel with a touch of soil
Scree beds planned for the family ruin's gardens this spring. Tough, pretty little things

View attachment 272005

Would this keep other rodents away? I took down my bird feeders, except for the hummingbirds, during Covid because some neighbors saw rats in their yard and I was told that the bird seed attracts them. Would love to out them back out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back