Gardeners! Share your garden photos and garden chatter here.

Sigh - cold here today and lots of rain on the way. I’m planning my dahlia garden while I wait for warmer weather. These are the varieties I’m planting this year. The ones with the hearts are from last year and the tubers survived winter storage! The others are all either traded for locally or ordered online and waiting for delivery. I got two new 4x2 raised beds for along my fence so I can fit these all in!

View attachment 272795
Can't wait to see all these in a few months!

Found another spring beauty had popped up. Trout Lilly in the shade bed.

trout.jpg

Finger slipped on my phone today and bought another one. Oops. I’m done now. Unless I buy a bigger property I’ll have to rein it in
IMG_7264.jpeg

@SquarePeg : I never trimmed back my Major Wheeler honeysuckle last fall. First year in the ground, and I read somewhere that leaving it alone until late winter or early spring was OK.

It's almost April and I'm wondering if I should just leave it alone and see what grows off the thin little growth that's there. What's your opinion about cutting it back at this stage? I think yours has about one season more than mine. There are no buds on it - yet.

Finger slipped on my phone today and bought another one. Oops. I’m done now. Unless I buy a bigger property I’ll have to rein it in View attachment 272818
Easy. Just start charging admission! Painfully slow Spring hereabouts--a.m. stuck in mid-20sF, high today windy upper 30sF. Temps hit the snooze bar at the family ruin's beds. Possible light snow next week--arrggh! Warm enough for charcoal bbq ribs Sunday. Happy Easter!

Last edited:
@SquarePeg : I never trimmed back my Major Wheeler honeysuckle last fall. First year in the ground, and I read somewhere that leaving it alone until late winter or early spring was OK.

It's almost April and I'm wondering if I should just leave it alone and see what grows off the thin little growth that's there. What's your opinion about cutting it back at this stage? I think yours has about one season more than mine. There are no buds on it - yet.
I’m just going to leave mine alone this year. It had decent growth last summer and has some buds on it but all at the top so far. I would leave it alone. But I’ll also check w my friend who has had one for many years and see what she usually does. Will let you know.
Easy. Just start charging admission! Painfully slow Spring hereabouts--a.m. stuck in mid-20sF, high today windy upper 30sF. Temps hit the snooze bar at the family ruin's beds. Possible light snow next week--arrggh! Warm enough for charcoal bbq ribs Sunday. Happy Easter!
Weather is terrible here too. A week of rain and very windy. We did have quite the burner of a sunset today which unfortunately I had to witness from my car in the grocery store parking lot! Remember we are here and have to get through the pollening before real spring arrives.
IMG_7267.jpeg

I like this calendar. It makes sense to me. :1247:

We're in for several days of rain and cold, so I probably have another week to act on that Major Wheeler. If anything needs to be done. Thanks!

Sigh - cold here today and lots of rain on the way. I’m planning my dahlia garden while I wait for warmer weather. These are the varieties I’m planting this year. The ones with the hearts are from last year and the tubers survived winter storage! The others are all either traded for locally or ordered online and waiting for delivery. I got two new 4x2 raised beds for along my fence so I can fit these all in!

View attachment 272795
omg this will be epic!!

How does one achieve the flat hazy contrast thing with the roses? Really like the last pic!
I'm not exactly certain what your asking, but I think you are talking about my editing. To get the more flat look you will play with the tone curve. I also add contrast, clarity, dehaze, etc. Over the years, I've developed a preset to get the exact look I want. I'm happy to share more details if you are interested!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back