Gary Fong diffuser anyone? Or other recommendations

shortpballer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dossantoslemone.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am going to be shooting some club photography soon. And I feel that its necessary to have a nice diffuser so I can have softer light. I've been reading about the gary fong diffusers and have decided that these are definitely the most notorious ones out there. What do you guys think. So here are my questions:

1. Is the Gary Fong diffuser worth the money?
2. If so...Which one should I get, the clear, the frosted, the yellow top?
3. If not worth the money what else do you guys recommend.

Thanks for the help in advance,
Eric

I just bought a Gary Fong today - don't know a thing about them, but it looks like it'll do a good job :D

dude i think they are like 30 bucks tops. Cummon its not that big a deal.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I can get the whole kit for 125 tomorrow from craigslist. brand new.

Amazon.com: Gary Fong LSUPRO Lightsphere Universal PRO Kit: Camera & Photo

Thats the link on amazon. Kind of expensive. what do you guys think?

Chammer: I went a different route and got a 430 ex on craigslist used for 170. Because the price of the 580 us like what 360? you have an additional 200. Spend that 200 on an umbrella kit, a set of cactus v4 and some vivitar manual flashes and play with some strobing equipment. The 430 ex will do FAR more than enough for what you need it. and having a whole bunch of strobing equipment to play with is much more fun than a singly 580 ex. just my 2 cents.

Got it... and I know its hard to see myself spending that much on something that looks like a tupperware. However it has been rated by several places and magazines as the best...

shortpballer: i'd be interested into hearing your experience with it once you get it. im strongly considering holding off on another lens purchase and getting the 580 ex II and a diffuser as my next purchase.

was even looking at something like this:

Amazon.com: Opteka Universal Studio Soft Box Flash Diffuser for Canon EOS, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Sony, Sigma, & Other External Flash Units: 47th Street Photo

and the omni bounce too.

Hey I have the opteka....Its not so good to be honest. I'd rather use a business card taped to the back as a bounce...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back