Gary Fong's Lightsphere(any good?)

can we see some samples?

Good choice to purchase the lightsphere. I got one a couple of weeks ago and love it. While the home made bounce cards may work also, I am carrying $8K worth of camera gear when I am shooting. What's another $50 for a quality product???

that's not an issue of adding www.
That's an issue of the fact that you spelled bounce wrong.

I mentioned it right above your post that I am the king of typos. ;) Comes from typing at over 115 WPM. When I am under 95 WPM, its all good. I was rushed that one time and typed fast.. sue me... lmao!

Oh, thats likely not the last time you see a typo from me here, but I will pay more attention to links and test them out before saving.

Happy Hour: Glad you are happy with your choice... but you could have saved yourself a little $$... the performance is better with the abetterbounCecard and it has nothing to do with a soup cup (did you even look there?)... lol.

Good choice to purchase the lightsphere. I got one a couple of weeks ago and love it. While the home made bounce cards may work also, I am carrying $8K worth of camera gear when I am shooting. What's another $50 for a quality product???

At a recent weeding a couple months ago I shadowed a pro 'Tog. He had over 35G's in equipment on location... and a better bouce card on all his cameras when needed. Its not about cost, it is about getting the BETTER picture. He had no issues using it, and was a great advocate of it!

At a recent weeding a couple months ago I shadowed a pro 'Tog. He had over 35G's in equipment on location... and a better bouce card on all his cameras when needed. Its not about cost, it is about getting the BETTER picture. He had no issues using it, and was a great advocate of it!

I agree. But most people bring up the price of the Lightsphere when trying to decide if they should purchase one. My point is when you have spent so much already on equipment, why worry about $50?

I have used both and I think that the Lightsphere is better. But that is just my opinion. However, even the guy who builds the "better bounce card" doesn't claim it produces a better picture. It is just a cheaper alternative (which brings us back to cost).

I think we need to see more self portraits with it so we can decide.

Happy Hour: Glad you are happy with your choice... but you could have saved yourself a little $$... the performance is better with the a better bounCe card and it has nothing to do with a soup cup (did you even look there?)... lol.

Not only did I look there I ran out 2 office depot and made like 10 of them. Now don't get me wrong, They do work. But you cannot compare it to the results you get with the lightsphere! -1 A better bounce card takes longer to put on your camera. -2 you have to determine which size to use with a better bounce card.-3 you have to angle it just the right way to get the right results (and still the light is a little harsh)-4 you have to watch not 2 hit it and knock it off when you grab it. + A better bounce card takes up no room in your bag. 4 - and only 1 positive. Light sphere - less than 5 seconds to install,-2 no need to determine which size or way to go. Put it on and shoot away!every single pic will have perfect lighting(even in the dark!)No need to worry about knocking it off you can carry the camera by it. One - it's big so you can't fit it in your bag, but i just Velcro it on the strap and you'd never know. Now I used the better bounce card for three or four days, and I can honestly say not 1 picture turned out as nice as every single picture did with the sphere. not 2 mention I spent all 3 days doing nothing but adjusting to get the light right. (remember I'm a Noob) A monkey can get perfect pictures with the sphere.<-Happy Hour.:er: Now lets look at how much $$$ you have invested in your camera gear. between $1000- $10,000 But your to cheap to spend another $50.00 Something is not right with that. Not stating anyone in specific but i read in another thread one guy taped a soup bowel and anther guy a Chinese food container. <- I have over $5,000 in gear I'm not taping a Chinese food container to it!:lol: now if your broke and can't spare a measly $50.00 a better bounce card works. But I can't stress enough Nobody can ever ever tell me it's the exact same effect as a light sphere! now I don't mean to put anyone down or offend anyone,But from what I've seen this is my personal opinion,and only my opinion. Some people will probably argue this 2 death, but I highly doubt they have even used a light sphere. I'm not the type of person that that gets impressed easily either. But in one day my pictures turned from looking like a 2 year old took it,into looking exactly like the pictures I paid $$ to a pro hanging on my wall! now there not perfect but it is day and night :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: 4 the sphere! oh and 2 sideburns I'll get some self p up when i can get a minute 2 take them It's hectic around here with the hollidays,work and the 3 kids hanging off my leg 24-7:D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back