What's new

Gauges - C&C

Bo4key

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
May 6, 2011
Messages
906
Reaction score
127
Location
British Columbia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Gauges by Boaketography, on Flickr

Recent shot from Canada Day.

I like the symmetry but I could do without the "danger" sticker at the bottom.

Thanks for looking!
 
I like it. :D
I love that black texture against the white.

That danger sticker might not be ideal compositionally, but maybe it could be seen as contextual?
 
Thanks for the input!
 
The danger sticker adds a necessary imbalance to a too-perfectly symmetrical frame, to my eye. Without it, it's all pattern and no image (uh, does that even mean anything?)

That said, not in love with the image. It's a good idea, the various textures and tones are definitely very promising as subjects, but I'm not feeling that you've found something good there yet. No particular suggestions on what to do about that other than "try some other things and see if something you like better comes up". Still too much symmetry, I think, even with the danger sign. This is all very vague and squishy, sorry.
 
Nice capture, and nice conversion. What were the gauges for specifically?
 
Nice capture, and nice conversion. What were the gauges for specifically?

It was a portion of the knobs and gauges on the side of a Fire Dept. Ladder truck, I assume most of them are for internal pumping set up because the ladder itself had separate controls.
 
bump for more C&C
 
I love this in B&W...but I agree with the above regarding the danger sign. I think it would work more if it was parallel with the bottom of the frame.
 
Also...the thin line at the bottoms gotta go IMO
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom