Vieri

Fine Art Landscape Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A spectacular sunset on the Basque Country coasts at Gaztelugatxe, a location I love and one offering many compositions besides the famous church on the islet that everyone shots. Looking for personal, original composition is very important for me on both iconic and lesser known locations, such as this. 91 seconds of amazing light with my Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 45mm and Formatt Hitech Filters Firecrest Ultra filters.

X1D1_00041.jpg

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

I'll be there in June. Can't wait. Great shot.

Very cool shot! You're a lucky man to be able to just decide to have lunch in all these beautiful places around the world and actually go there. ;)

Beautiful!

Another beautiful image......

Thank you very much Jeff! :)

I'll be there in June. Can't wait. Great shot.

Thank you very much, glad you liked it :) Enjoy your trip in June!

Very cool shot! You're a lucky man to be able to just decide to have lunch in all these beautiful places around the world and actually go there. ;)

Thank you very much, glad you liked it! :)

Actually, luck has really nothing to do with it. Landscape photography is my job, it's definitely not an easy one but I love it, I wouldn't change it with anything else and I work very hard to be able to do what I do. I wish I could just "decide to have lunch in all these beautiful places around the world and actually go there".

Beautiful!

Thank you very much Winona, glad you enjoyed it! :)

Best regards,

Vieri

I figured you did something like that. Not every gets to do what they love doing for a living. Lucky you! Don't ever retire, lol!

Last edited:
I figured you did something like. Not every gets to do what they love doing for a living. Lucky you! Don't ever retire, lol!

Again, I think that luck has nothing to do with it. I am not aware of the existence of something like a "job lottery" where you can get a job you love according to the luck of the draw, or something :D Again, I worked very, very hard to be able to do what I do for a living. Nothing came for free, or thanks to a stroke of luck - for me, at least. I can't speak for everyone else.

You are very good at your job, beautiful image

Thank you very much indeed, glad you enjoyed it! :)

Best regards,

Vieri

I figured you did something like. Not every gets to do what they love doing for a living. Lucky you! Don't ever retire, lol!

Again, I think that luck has nothing to do with it. I am not aware of the existence of something like a "job lottery" where you can get a job you love according to the luck of the draw, or something :D Again, I worked very, very hard to be able to do what I do for a living. Nothing came for free, or thanks to a stroke of luck - for me, at least. I can't speak for everyone else.

Best regards,

Vieri

I meant no disrespect, I thought it was obvious that I was just joking when I said you go to all those places just for lunch. I mean really, who does that? My apologies if I offended you.

Reactions: ntz

Best regards,

Vieri

I meant no disrespect, I thought it was obvious that I was just joking when I said you go to all those places just for lunch. I mean really, who does that? My apologies if I offended you.

Apologies accepted, no worries. I guess today was the day I just had enough of seeing years of hard work, study, practice and effort reduced to "luck" for the umpteenth time (not by you, of course, you just went twice in this thread). Doing what one's love to do for a living, to me, requires a few things:

1. Knowing what you love to do - it might seem stupid, but many people don't;
2. Becoming good enough at what you love to do to be able to make a living out of it;
3. Doing all you can to make it work (be the best you can business-wise if you are in a self-employed career, getting to your dream position if you are working for someone else, and so on).

Luck might of course have a part in all that, as with everything in life. However, in my experience just counting on luck will not get one very far. Plus, as you probably know, people who are their own bosses generally work pretty much every day of the year - I know I do, one way or the other. So, I am sure you'll understand why I had to call you (twice!) on that :)

Best regards,

Vieri

Again, I meant nothing by it, I wasn't being literal. In the future I'll be sure to tell someone they're fortunate instead of lucky, which means about the same thing. It's semantics. Good day!

Again, I meant nothing by it, I wasn't being literal. In the future I'll be sure to tell someone they're fortunate instead of lucky, which means about the same thing. It's semantics. Good day!

A question for you. Would you tell Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos or you name it "you are lucky (or fortunate, your pick) to be CEO of Amazon", or Microsoft, or something? Just curious.

A question for you. Would you tell Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos or you name it "you are lucky (or fortunate, your pick) to be CEO of Amazon", or Microsoft, or something? Just curious.

Vieri, I wish you the best and no hard feelings. Ciao!

Dude. Drop it. It was admiration and jealousy. It was a compliment. You're looking to be offended by nothing.

Most reactions

Back